Finch Care - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Finch Care

We had a finch abandoned at our south office and she (?) eventually made her way up here and has become an office pet. I've tried to find out what kind of finch she was without much luck. I'm also looking for basic care info, just so that I can make up a sheet to have near her cage since we have so many people here - I want to make sure she has continuity of care.

Color-wise she's white with brown along her back, and a little on the back of her head. Otherwise she's all white. Any ideas on what type she would be? I'm sure our avian vet would know but I haven't had an opportunity to ask her so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 08:04 PM

Not sure without seeing a pic. Do you have any pics?

Here is a list of some finches. Check those out maybe its one of them.

http://www.birdbreeds.com/Zebra_Finch.htm
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I can get one tomorrow, I didn't think to bring my camera.
I looked at several sites and couldn't find one in particular that looks like her.

This is the closest to her, but she has a lot more white:
http://www.birdbreeds.com/Bengalese_Finch.htm

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 08:15 PM

A society finch? That is the only one I can think of.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 08:58 PM

It could be one of the various "sub species" of that particular finch.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 09:00 PM

Jade, here are a couple of finch care web links I've had saved:

Link #1

Finch care sheet

I don't know all the different types of finches so I'm worthless on helping ya with that part!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I did some extensive searching on the society/bengalese finches and I am about 98% certain that's what she is. I had to really search for some pictures that were close, but I'm pretty sure.

I printed out the care sheets, thanks Jodi!!

Stephanie

Tags
avian vet