First time breeding - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Question First time breeding

Help please!!! This is my first time visiting this forum. My lovebirds ava and vitaly have started to breed. Ava laid her first egg this past saturday & her mate vitaly cracked it later that day. She was extremely upset and chased him all over the cage so I seperated them for a while but reunited them a little later. I removed the egg and all seemed fine. Today she laid another egg & after calling my sis to tell her about it I found this second egg also cracked. The male lovebird Vitaly seems a little immature to me and I suspect that he is the one cracking them accidentally. My sis says that she heard him rolling the first egg around inside the nest box. What should I do. Oh, I forgot this is their first time breeding. Any thoughts would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Why are you breeding them in the first place?

*Missy*
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Playful Pup

Have you read anything about breeding?
Maybe he thinks if the is a new baby he won't get as much attention that what i thought when my mum told me I was getting a little sister xD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
тяєαℓє
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
נυѕтιηє, ρнєσηιχ & вσηgσ

ρσρρу
тιgєя, тσєє, єℓιχ & נєѕѕ

ѕι∂ηєу
нαмѕтєя тнє ιѕн & вσв
нєямιєѕ σмιηg ѕσση
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Newborn Pup

If you can see into the box/are looking into the nestbox, then yes, your lovebirds will break their eggs. Lovebirds are extremly secretive and won't breed properly if disturbed. If you look into the box, they will usually break the eggs/kill the chicks. Their logic is to rather wait until a safer time to breed. Leave them alone in the box, and they may stop breaking the eggs.

Tags
breeding pair, lovebird