foods in water - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

foods in water

my lovebird is always droping her foods(pellets most but seed hulls also) into her water and it start out rarely but now its geting ridiculus like within miutes after i change the water (which i do like 7 time a day) she just put more in i think she do it on purpose haha so how do i stop this? any idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My budgies do the same. I don't really think you can stop them lol

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Adolescent Pup

it's totally normal, and it's what they are supposed to do! according to my husband/ our vet (we have an amazon) that's how they get a lot of their water, by soaking their food. they just don't always clean their plates... er, waterbowls. just change the water often or it gets smelly.

George orwell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Newborn Pup

Lol, you'd better get used to lovebirds doing weird things. My sister has two identical little buggers, and they're more trouble then a whole herd of monkeys. They love to rip things up, eat other birds' toes, purposefully hide my sister's things and then try to "look innocent," drop things on each other, and yes, soak their seeds. They're hilarious! This particular pair works together every so often. One holds the cage door open and the other hops through. Then sometimes the one who got out will hold the door for the other, but usually they run off and "laugh" at their outwitted partner. Lovebirds are very curious and they need a lot of entertainment. Plus they have a lot of strange habits. Have fun with her.
~Mystic

~My Zoo~
1 New Zealand White Bunny- Clover
1 Rhode Island Red Chicken- Cluck Everlasting (really old!)
1 Rottweiler mix - Sophia (or Pups)
1 cockatiel named Saphira
2 cats - Skittles the the kitten and Diamond Jack (Kit More fish of all sorts then you can count! My sister's lovebird, Shielab a tarantula, crickets, all named DinDin (Shielab's food) Random others, kept for short amounts of time, such as gopher snakes, pocket gophers, spiders, squirrels, etc...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

haha that funny about them holding open the door. yeah my lovebird do alot crazy things she chase my brother around the house and all the way up stairs (she can fly far). also she stealing any pen or pencil she see a person write with. and when you talk to her she mov her beak like shes talking but dont make a sound its funny to watch.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Playful Pup

Our African Grey does the same thing and I'll second that about the smelly food if the water doesn't get changed soon enough! I'm always looking for a cat turd around the cage! That food can get rather rank! And it's such a waste! I swear Boomer could live off the food he drops for months on end, if we didn't clean his cage! He especially H.A.T.E.S. the dyed food, made to look appetizing...you know the green, red and yellow niblets?

Visit my Website:

Read my articles on Pet Rabbits at:

AND

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Katie '07