fostering a macaw with behaviour problems.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

fostering a macaw with behaviour problems....

ok, my mom is fostering a blue and gold macaw from a friends friend . she(the bird) is called jill and she has feather plucking problem, because her owner has two daughters about 2 and 4 jill gets jealous whenever she reads to her two daughters and all that other stuff,she screams and plucks and its getting really bad, so my mom is adopting one, we've had a macaw before and he had to be taken away and i know how hard it is so im going to try and not get too attached, anyway, we are getting jill after christmas and we've got to try and sort out this behaviour problem, also she is very dominant and she has attitude and knows how to use it, she is very bonded to her owner and bites anyone who comes near

got any advice or tips on how to sort this problem out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I split all other posts from this thread, but left the first as it's a valid question. Responses are fine, please just keep in mind that opinions are like rear ends - everyone has one.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
gold macaw