Fruit Juice? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

View Poll Results: Does your bird like fruit juice?
Yes 11 73.33%
No 4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Angry Fruit Juice?

Do you give your bird(s) fruit juice? What is their favorite kind?

Toby loves apple juice! We give him all natural, sugar free juice. He laps it up while it dribbles down his big ol beakie. It's just the cutest thing to see how excited he gets when he tastes it!

Here is a good link about juice: Juice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 09:10 PM

I can only say apple juice because I have read many articles that have actually recommend it as part of their diet. It does something for the digestive system I think, can't remember at the moment. To much information in my head and not enough storage space. Anyway I never tried another type of juice, maybe I'll try some white grape or some of those new clear ocean sprays. I am just afraid if I give him anything with a potent color in it he will poop a funny color and I will freak out forgeting its from the juice.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Yup, grape juice gives Toby purple poops!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Dante loves apple juice and I've also given him a little cranberry juice. He just loves to stick his head into the glass and yell - he'll make human drinking sounds and lift his head, beak dripping with juice and say "ahhhh!" Then - thanks to my son - he belches It's really funny though.

I didn't realize that apple juice was good for them! That is great to know. Dante also loves Arizona Iced Tea - he'll practically climb over anything to get to me if I am drinking out of the bottle! I have given him tiny sips - but I can't imagine that it's good for him at all.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Deja is that the son who's pic you posted in here before that taught your bird to belch?? That would be the funniest thing!! I wanna see!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

That would be the one, Carmen - he's my only boy. He taught Dante to make all kinds of rude noises when he was younger!
I think I could get a picture of Thomas making Dante belch - it might take some time- he's never home anymore!

[center]

[
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

*ahem* well Deja with looks like that I'm sure your son has many ladies to attend to!lol If you could get a pic of it that would be sooo awesome!!! animals making any sort of noise from their mouth or the other end cracks me up every time!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I voted no cuz Coo, my dove, I have never given him any. Don't know that I could, you know, if it's ok for him to have. Plus, hehe, I wanted to see the results, lol.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 12:42 AM
billphd4u1

Scooter looks at me like "Are you drunk? I don't want any of that!" HEHE!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Boo
Adolescent Pup

I've never done the juice either, even though the label says unsweetened, there is still a lot of sugar, I'm not sure how much is good for them.

AS far as the Arizona Iced Tea, my Hazel used to practically kill herself to stick her head in my cup, she loved the stuff (the green tea). It does have caffeine though, so I didn't let her do it much. Lu is the same way, whatever I'm drinking/eating, he wants some!

*Dani*

Owned by:
Jezebel, White Capped Pionus
Lu, Hahn's Macaw
Bubbles, Toy poodle
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Dani - wow Other nutty birds besides Dante that love Arizona! I don't give him much either for the same reason. It sure is hillarious to see what he will do to get some from me though! He recognizes the bottle!

I think we should let the Arizona company know that parrots love their products

[center]

[
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 01:05 AM

I've only tried to give Gillian juice a few times and every time she has turned it away.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 02:09 PM

I've never tried giving Soda or Pony juice, I didn't know you could do that. What kind of apple juice is okay for budgies, the brand I mean.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Eli, will only dr ink fruit juice or eat fruit if I am eat ing it, if I cut it up and put it in his cage, I come home to see it still there, the only thing he will eat with out me is oat meal. Then he eats it all up lol....he loves it when I put a little bit of peanut butter in it. and apples, that is when he will eat t he fruit lol h e's spoiled rotten.