Got two babies today. .. .. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool Got two babies today. .. ..

I picked up two babies today - a "normal" parrotlet (male) and a white-faced cinnamon pied cockatiel. I've taken pictures but haven't felt like sizing them down tonight to post.

The parrotlet is so cute and so tiny!! And the 'tiel - well, I've just always loved baby 'tiels.

The woman raises all the babies and said she'd probably be calling me to help her when they REALLY start coming in - around February when she said it isn't unusual to have 70 babies at one time in her nursery. They have such a great, CLEAN set-up. Anybody with birds knows how hard it is to keep everything around them clean and their aviary where the adult birds are is even carpeted!

I'll get the pictures up, I promise. Right now I just need to check the backs of my eyelids for holes!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 09:53 PM

Very cool. Can't wait to see pictures!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 10:06 PM

YAY! I find cockatiels very hard to resist when they are sweet. I think they are one of the few birds that when they are hand fed and trained they are all around sweet little birds. I went to the bird store by me the other day and I went to go pay and the owner was there. (I have been going to this store for 4 years now and have never seen him there, usually its his son) He made me hold Dino, the little lutino store mascot, while he checked me out. I told him this would be a could selling gimick! The little birdie was so cute. Makes me want another one *sigh*

Can't wait to see those pics of the parrotlet. Wait till you see what a little wierdo he turns out to be! Cute wierdo in a good way that is! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

It's kind of funny; I've dealt with Great Horned Owls and Red-tailed Hawks. I've hand raised African Grays, Eclectus, blue-front Amazons, Orange-Wing Amazons and Derbyan parrots - just to name a few.

And this little speck of green with his streak of blue is more intimidating than any of them. He is soooooo tiny!

Proves the point once again, size does count.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 05:27 AM

Congrats Critter. You will have them spoiled in no time. Can't wait to see the pics
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 08:09 AM

congrats critter!!!!