Gushing about my cockatiel - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 07:07 PM
Neuroticah

Gushing about my cockatiel

I have the friendliest bird ever....he sits on my shoulder...gives me kisses...never bites very hard......talks does tricks.....plays.....i started feeding him meal worms cause I read in a cockatiel book that they eat those.....so i give him some every once and a while. I should take pictures so i can show you my baby. He takes naps with me on my pillow....his favorite movie is "pitch black" he watches it all the time...:o I love him to pieces....he makes me happy when i am down. Birds are really something. Maybe i'll post some of my studio art work too....i did birds as a theme....(love on her cockatiel romeo)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 07:11 PM
Akasha

he really is a sweetie other than the fact that he broke my necklace!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 07:12 PM
Neuroticah

but we did fix it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 07:15 PM
Akasha

no it's still broken i ahve to find some crazy glue

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 07:25 PM
Neuroticah

bad romeo...and his love for sparklies...i swear i'm gonna enroll him in a twelve step program....

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 11:48 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Have any pics?

My brother had a cockatiel named Booger and I won't get into how he got that name. He was a great bird and even learned a few words.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 02:46 AM
Neuroticah

i should definately get some pics...he's adorable....and the most affectionate cockatiel i've come across

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 10:35 PM

you just find worms outside and he or she eats them. I have never read this anywhere and I have many many books on cockatiels and I 9 of them thats including 3 babies which they are all sweet for the exseption of 2. But I have read that some insects including worms carry pestisides and things of that sort so if this is true I would like to know where you found this info so I can take a peek at it that to me is kind of shocking thanks.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley32693
you just find worms outside and he or she eats them. I have never read this anywhere and I have many many books on cockatiels and I 9 of them thats including 3 babies which they are all sweet for the exseption of 2. But I have read that some insects including worms carry pestisides and things of that sort so if this is true I would like to know where you found this info so I can take a peek at it that to me is kind of shocking thanks.
I doubt that the original posters of this thread will answer you, since it was done 3 years ago, and the original posters are no longer members of this site... but mealworms can be bought at a petstore or bait shop. They are usually used as reptile food. I have a leopard gecko and I feed her mealies every now and then. I order them online at this site: http://www.premiumcrickets.com You can also get them freeze-dried in a little can if you don't want to deal with live ones, but I don't know if the bird would eat the freeze dried ones. You are right, wild-caught insects and worms can carry pesticides and can be harmful for any pet (be it bird or reptile), but these worms are raised in captivity free of pesticides. I think I've read about mealies being suitable for pet birds, but in sites that sell mealies... can't tell you if it's really true, since I know that sellers say anything to sell their product. I have 2 budgies and I've never fed them mealies... I've thought about it... but haven't really done it, thinking of the mealies getting out of the bowl... and since my birds are not tame....

Tags
leopard gecko, meal worms