He may be back....... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool He may be back.......

We thought we would be able to sale Dane this past weekend; if he doesn't sale at a show this weekend he will come back here for a couple of weeks. He's such a sweetheart - to everyone but me!! Go figure. Maybe he can see the real me?!?

Anyway, I downloaded a bunch of pictures and instead of boring you with Zoe I thought I'd show you this one. Others which show full tail, etc., are available.

I think I need to get some tips from Greg (?) on how to get the colors to come out as pretty as they are in person. Although, now that I think of it he always does his outside and not inside with a flash, huh. Anyway, Dane is really blue & gold w/that greenish topknot. Someone did ask if he was a Catalina.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dane03 - 5-03.jpg (30.8 KB, 70 views)

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 09:06 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Ummmm ... I guess if I'd looked close enough I'd have realized there WAS a pic of someone !

I'm just getting the hang of getting decent pics - it doesn't seem like Greg even has to try. It's like the camera knows who's using it ... makes me ill. lol

Dane sure looks like a sweet baby, but he sounds like a vampire bird!

Sharon
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 09:08 PM

What a beautiful bird.....Hmmm someday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 09:13 PM

Aww, I didn't know you were having problems with him Good luck on finding him a good home!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Awww! He's beautiful! I didn't know you were trying to sell him. What happened?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Great bird, very friendly. I just hadn't done enough homework, didn't respect his boundaries, and made some mistakes. Bubba brought him home while I was in KY, which gave them time to bond without me in the house. I come home and am suddenly taking more of "his person's" time. The final blow, you might say, is when Bubba was holding him and I was stroking the feathers down his back. I moved in on his territory. He retaliated with a major bite (still hurts and it's been two weeks - and I've been bit before!) so we decided that this bird was just too demanding for us at this time. Bubba had to literally force his beak open to get it off of my finger.

He'll make someone a wonderful pet. He's an older bird and very loving with one person- I think he just gets overstimulated when there is a choice to be made.

We had already pretty much decided he was not right for us right now, then when Sweets put his beak on my finger and I almost freaked that kind of did it for me. And birds, like most animals, sense fear and use it to their advantage.

He's wonderful with Bub; just a big, loveable, loving play thing. But I would be hesitant for someone else to have to come feed him; God forbid he bit Zoe the way he did me (no finger); we did our "pro's and con's" and that was our decision.

Yes, I do feel guilt, so don't lay any more on me please!!!

CRITTERCALL

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2003, 05:24 PM

Donna, have you found a home for Dane yet?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2003, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Well, WE didn't find a home but our breeder-friends did!! And before he had to sit through another bird show!

They had sold some birds to some younger couple who were interested in Dane but not in a position to take him on, but they knew someone who was. They came back on Saturday afternoon, bringing with them an older man who had lost his wife recently and was lonely. The said that he and Dane seemed to bond very quickly and he went home with the man - after the guy had bought him the biggest macaw cage that they have!

Dane is in a perfect situation now, being an only bird and with only one human to deal with. I really hope the two of them will be happy together.

CRITTERCALL

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2003, 04:31 PM

What a great ending!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2003, 05:34 PM

Great news! I hope poor Dane is able to fit in good with him.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 10:12 AM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Like I always say : Everything happens for a reason. I honestly believe your house was a much needed stop for Dane, while she was waiting for the right person to come along. I'm happy she found someone.

Just don't let this keep you from trying another macaw sometime in the future. I think the right one would be good for you!

Any pics of Sweets coming up soon ??

Sharon
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

As soon as I can get off my lazy butt and get my camera in my hands........

I totally agree with that theory. He would have ended up in the wrong place, I believe, if we hadn't kept him out of circulation for a short time.

I am not against having a macaw. They're wonderful birds. But if I ever do it again I'll start with a doughbaby!!

CRITTERCALL

Tags
beautiful bird