The Healthy Bird Cookbook by Robin Deutsch... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

The Healthy Bird Cookbook by Robin Deutsch...

Has anyone read or have this book? Try anything out of it? Did your birds like it? If so tell me what recipes!

Once i bring Captain Morgan (my yellow parrotlet into my home, after i get my doves tested and cleared) i will definatly be making her some of this! I also figured i could alter it a bit, and feed some of this to my hedgie, my sugar glider and my rats! MULTI TASKING WHEE!

Oh, and also..because i can..and coffee does this to you at night...

STREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 10:41 PM

Funny you should mention that, I just ordered it from Half.com a couple of days ago!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Curmudgeon

After you guys have tried it for awhile, please post a review. I've never invested in an animal cookbook, but if it's good, I'll check it out.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 08:58 PM

My new cookbook "The Healthy Bird Cookbook" arrived today! It's written by Robin Deutsch and approx 184 pages long. It's filled with GREAT info!

There is a wonderful chapter on food groups. It lists all the veggies and tells what they are a source of (vitamin A, C, etc). It even tells if the canned version or frozen version is better. For example.....
Mixed veggies in a can are high source of Vitamin A but may have a lot of sodium. Frozen mixed veggies are still a good source of Vitamin A but not as high as cannned. BUT they have less sodium.

It's a great list to have because sometimes I *forget* to vary off the same ol veggies I feed Tob. I have a whole list of new ideas. Anyone wanna go grocery shopping??

The book has 150 recipes! All different kinds! I can't wait to start trying a few. Even if I don't use the exact recipe, it's a great springboard for giving me ideas. It seems to be one of those books that I will refer back to quite frequently. I look forward to using it and I think it was a good purchase!

Amazon.com has the book for about $11 or so. Half.com usually has great prices on books too.

Tags
sugar glider