Help first time bird owner - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Smile cuttle bone holder

Hi bob yes the perch on the holder is on the bottom but I meant in the cage ,ware should I put the holder above the cage perch or below the cage perch.I would just have to slide it up or down.which way do I put it thank-you for all your help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mom to christopher,april 2 poms

pebbles,bam-bam 2 parakeets

red girl 1 beta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Newborn Pup

Awesome! Sometimes, females tend to be more dominant with males- especially when it comes to food, so I'm glad you were able to give them more than one food bowl and other treats. I'm glad that things are working out and that they're now getting along.

---
Save a life or two and adopt a pet!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Smile update

yes things seam to being well now.I have a question,I read on a web page that if you had a female keet and didn't want her to lay eggs ,when she was in breed mode to feed her a seed diet only.why?what does this do?I'm still trying to figure out how much seed to feed them,they don't eat the whole bowl,they just pick out what they like and leave the rest,I feed them 3 tbs.for the two of them. I tried them on some veggies,they ate them yesterday but not to day why?should I give them vitamins,I do put skin and plumage daily liquid supplement,in there food everyday.

mom to christopher,april 2 poms

pebbles,bam-bam 2 parakeets

red girl 1 beta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Curmudgeon

A seed diet is not going to stop a female from laying. If that were the case, there would be no Budgies, because seeds ARE their natural diet.

Here is a site you should check out: http://www.exoticpetvet.net/

Particlarly under Birds, look at the article on Small Parrot Diseases.

There are a couple of paragraphs on Nutrition and Obesity that you might find interesting.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.