this is how i ended up with so many birdies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

this is how i ended up with so many birdies

first my son moved down he wanted a lovebird so for his birthday i bought him
checkers the lovebird then he wanted a nanday so i got him sox the nanday
then because my hubby always played with sox we decided to get him is own so we bought bud the disabled dusky conoure.
then a freind called in dec needing to place a lovebird and a parakeet who where in same cage thats how sweetie the parakeet came and peewee the love bird came .then in march we feltsorry for sweetie went and bought her crackers a freind , then june came some one from LA ca was going to take 4 lovely parakeets to the dog pound i answered and went and got them 9 hours of drive time to get there and 9 hours back so now we have sommersualt zoechipper and kermit ,
then in agust i walked in the breeders shop to get feed and he asked if i wanted another disabled dusky conure i said yes so he gave me corkie my sprayled legg boy . he was here he was so depressed being pulled away from his female girl freind i went on a search for a female dusky conure finally one day later i found her , i drove 2 hours to buy her it was two weeks later when she came hom her name is brandi , well that day was the best day of his life he was so different and so happy he feed her andloved her from the moment they meet nowthey are still in a cage together it took one night of them sleeping apart thier choice to be together , so then their came barney a green cheek in aug i was on another board and read about a barney needing a home so i contacted went and meet barney i brought him home . even though he bite me and drew blood there was something about him that said im youres . then there is honey who we just bought as a freind for barney after talking to a pet physic about why he plucked , she said he wanted a freind and it must be yellow only kind i knew was a sun conure we bought her in the begining of feb 2004 and we visit her twice a week and then came bourbon a fallow green cheek conure who was badly mangled beak and three missing toes .he came here yesterday breeder when i walked in asked if i would take him or else i did we will be working with vets to make him a top beak we hope , and then the babies parakeets because of having three paired set s they all decided to give me 20 wanderful eggs and out of the 20 eggs 13 babies hatched i still have 11 of the babies and two found new home one with my ,mom and one with my hubby grandaughter so theres the stories on how i quired this many birds i believe every thing needs a freind even lizards and birds and dogs so here we have a two of each lol its just life thanks sorry for so long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 02:30 PM

Thumbs up

Good Deal! They have to be the luckiest birdies alive. Nice job.
I have been wanting to take in unwanted birds, so far I just have one lovebird, Precious. She will be 1 yr. old in May. I am third "parent". First parent did not play with her at all, second parent had small children that would scare her to see her fly. She is not REAL tame, but loads of fun to watch play. She gets upset if I leave the room. She will raise cane until I come back in the room.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 02:10 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I somehow always miss the posts in this section!
That is an amazing story. I think it's wonderful that you've opened your heart and your home to all those birds. They are so lucky to have you. They must keep you very busy! I would love to hear more stories about them.
I hope you have success in getting Bourbon a new upper beak.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks as far as being busy with them oh yeah they keep me on my toes specailly sox the nanday she learned how to open doors and escape to areas she dont belong ,im talking bed room doors , so now i hope i have it to where she cant get out any more lol
bourbon is being worked with now and we are working on making him people freindly , the others are great its fun to have them here wouldnt have it any other way

Tags
green cheek conure, sun conure