i got my quaker, and my mom.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 02:12 PM
Lauren

i got my quaker, and my mom....

well i decided to get a quaker and have had him for almost 1 week, hes 7wks old, and he basically sleeps in my shirt when i m home to have him out.
my mom rescued a love bird the same day i got my quaker, i also already have 2 cockatiels... i let them all out at the same time, but the quaker doesnt like any of them, but my cockatiel-cher , and the lovebird,penny, are ok together, sunny my other cockatiel, just makes this hissing noise, so she apparently doesnt like her.... does anyone on here own a quaker?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 04:28 PM

I don't own a quaker... but I would strongly advise against putting a rescue of any kind with an established pet until a quaranteen period has passed.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 08:00 PM

Do you have any pics? I remember you talking about quakers before and I'm curious to see one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 01:32 PM
Princess in Waiting

I owned a quaker for a short time - it was given to me on a trial basis. It had been allowed free flight in its former home and I just couldn't handle that. Like other birds, they go for the "sparkles" and I didn't enjoy having to have my husband disengage a bird from my ears!!

It will probably make a great pet since it is so young. They are pretty good talkers, but they can be a little nippy!

Cockatiels love to hiss at things - makes them feel big, I guess. Or just their way of trying to establish "pecking order". I don't have a 'tiel right now and the house seems kind of empty without one - but I made a pact with Bubba the other night of NO MORE ANIMALS. Too much worry when we want to go out of town.

Good luck - and listen to Chrisanne about that quarantine. You don't know what you might be bringing in to your other birds.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 02:50 AM
Neuroticah

i love quakers...they can be noisy but some are really affectionate...the sparkly thing is something you can train the birds not do...i trained my cockatiel not to nibble...although when he's angry he still grabs for my ring!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 11:01 PM

Lauren, I loved my quaker parrot, we were so attached , he had a long list of vocabulary words, he was everything to us... love him and he will love you forever!!!!