Making progress! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Making progress!

OMG! Isis is afraid of the toaster! I was toasting some bread and had her out on her cage and when the toast popped up she freaked out and took off flying. It took me a little while to calm her down enough for her to land near me. It was funny though. Now she's waiting for me to go butter the toast and give her some (without butter of course!)

I made a good bit of progress with her today! She wasn't behaving in my living room. She kept flying to her haven/cage when I tried to get her to let me touch her back.

I finally took her into my bathroom (the only room in my camper that can close off that doesn't have too many distractions for her. She flew around a bit but came at my call because there was nowhere else for her to land. I started moving my hand around over her back and off to the side, not touching her, talking to her sweetly to calm her down. After a while she started bowing her head, and twisting it from side to side so I rubbed the back of her head with one finger. She let me do that for quite a while. I also had her step up to my other hand, and she'd let me pet her with my other hand.

I'm so excited that she let me do that on her own rather than me forcing it! Progress! I'm letting her play right now but I have to keep chasing her away from the sofa because she's trying to eat it! I think my next investment for her will be a play gym for outside her cage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cockatiel, progress, toaster, training