Meet Poe - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 10:52 PM
Stinker

Talking Meet Poe

Just thought you guys would like to meet Poe. Such a doll.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 03:42 AM

Wow! Is he a raven? How long have you had him and how friendly is he? He certainly looks pretty friendly!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Fertile Myrtle

Wow, he's gorgeous - you have to tell us more!!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 11:38 AM

I have heard that ravens and crows make very challenging pets because they are just way too smart. I don't think I could handle a pet smarter than myself LOL!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 07:12 PM

Great name for a Raven. A relative of mine had a crow or a raven and he could saw Guano. Not a very pleasant word, but I thought it was pretty cool that he could talk. How old is yours? Does he do any cool tricks?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 10:28 PM
Stinker

heh heh

He's truely a sweet heart. We also have a baby named Edgar but I can't find my pics of him. I'm still hand feeding him as he fell out of the nest. Poe is one of my educational animals at the Wildlife Center. He was someone's illegal pet. I think he was pretty well taken care of though he was a little thin when he came in. I've decided that he's my new boyfriend as he sits on my shoulder and makes love calls at me. LOL
They do seem to make wonderful pets if you're a bird person. I deffinatly wouldn't recomend as a "first" bird though.
Everything you heard about them being smart is totally true. We have an out side aviary that we let him stretch out and play in. He learned how to open both aviary doors and escape. Now we have to pad lock them when he's out there.

He also learned how to get his Gesses off. (the straps around his legs) This is his third pair. LOL I let him out in the office when it's too cold out side....he esspecially loves to steal my pen out of my hand so I can't work. (have to pay attention to him ya know) Takes my earings, hair tie, jewlry, papers, the ball out of my mouse, keys, cell phone, and my lunch just to name a few things. Theives can you tell. LMAO Very smart.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 10:43 PM

OMG he is a beautiful bird! he is probably more attentive then most Boyfriends!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 10:29 AM
Stinker

Talking

Ha ha ha I think that's why I would prefer "him" as my boyfriend. LOL At least he likes to snuggle.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 06:32 PM

He sounds like a fun guy to have around. I look forward to more stories about him.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 11:09 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Gorgeous!! I've worked with different raptors but nothing like him!

Sounds kind of like an African Gray in his way of getting himself out of his area. I have to keep my Gray's cage locked or she would be out all the time - and she hates me so there would be war!

Great pictures - and isn't it awesome just to hold a bird of that size?

Are you a vet nurse - or do you just like to wear scrubs?

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 11:01 AM
Stinker

Talking

Heh heh I just like to wear scrubs! LOL No really I work for the Wildlife Center doing vet tech work.
I use to have an African Grey. They are smart as a whip boy I tell ya. I'd love to have another some day though. Ours was an escape artist as well but liked us ok so I guess it wasn't as bad. What Raptor species have you worked with CritterCall? I get the chance to work with some wonderful Raptors Hawks, Falcons, Owls etc... Have to post some more pics for you. They are some of the most beautiful birds.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 04:45 PM
Princess in Waiting

Lightbulb

Cooper's Hawk, Red-tailed hawk, screech owl (became my husband's buddy!), Great-Horned owl. . . . .

Also spent a lot of time with a doe, lots of raccoons, bunnies, song birds, squirrels - and mine was all done at home. I was licensed by the state in KY to work with them and was a vet nurse - which is where most of the wild animals came from!

Critter

I bet we could do lots of picture swapping!!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 08:30 PM

You guys had better share all your "war" stories with us. This sounds interesting. My brother thought about becoming a falconer and hawks and eagles have alwasy fascintated me.

Tags
african grey, beautiful bird, vet tech, wild animal, wild animals, wonderful pets