New Parakeet - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Question New Parakeet

I'm thinking of getting another parakeet ot keep my Soda company. Some people tell me to keep the bird in another room for one or two weeks to make sure it is healthy. Then they tell me that they should meet on neutral grounds. What should I do if they don't get along, because my parents will get annoyed if I have two parakeets in separate cages after telling them it would be okay. (I know I shouldn't have said that to them but that was the only way to get them to agree.) Also, does it matter what gender I get? I don't want to end up with any eggs or baby parakeets, so should I only get a male, or will a female be okay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 11:31 PM

if you dont want eggs then go with the same sex but warning if you already have a female she will produce eggs with out a male , and she is more likely to fight with a nother female if its a male another male would be ok and yes you do need to quiratine them for at least 30 days and yes nutral terioty is all good place to introduce them good luck
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, my other parakeet is a male, and I bought another parakeet yesterday. It's a yellow one with red eyes. So cute! I read somewhere that you can't tell the gender of albinos. Is that true?

Tags
red eyes, separate cages