The Next Capn Sweets - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool The Next Capn Sweets

I've stocked up on Amodium and am off this afternoon to pick up my new bird - a Congo gray that is about 4 weeks old and already eating 35cc's of food 3x daily - that's a big baby! Breeder said he is just starting to pop out some feathers.

As if there isn't enough going on here, huh. The house is still a total disaster area because Bubba and I were both sick all weekend and weren't able to do anything about it. (I've got somebody coming to help me tomorrow.) I've got this raccoon who is a big baby and won't even eat out of a bottle - has to be a syringe. Now I'm taking on this other baby.

Can't gripe. Next fall when you guys hear me complaining because I don't have any babies around remind me of this.

Oh yeah - we're going to Cancun on 5/2 so I have to have the house in shape for my parents by then plus farm the babies out so they won't have to fool with hand-feeding.

And the fibro is still hanging on.....and on....and on.......

Ain't life grand?

Will try to post pix tonight. Lost the memory stick that is usually in the camera (goes from camera to reader and back again - I don't have a clue) so I'll have to find the camera bag to find my "extra".

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 02:05 PM

Woo hoo! I cannot wait to see my namesake! Cancun is right around the corner......how exciting!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 02:11 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

WHOO - HOO A new birdie! Goody, goody, goody ! I used to want a Grey, but boy, they sound like a real challenge. This from the Momma of a freakazoid B&G ...

Wow - I can't wait to see some pics, and hear ALL about Cap'n Jr. :blob1:

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Awww! Capn Jr. is getting feathers!

I was getting worried about ya Critter since I haven't seen you around here in a couple of days!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Erin

Congrats on the new feathered friend!

but when do I get a bird named after me? I am a capn wannabe!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 09:57 PM

I cannot believe you are going to take on the challenge of hand feeding another baby so soon! Your crazy woman! I can't wait to see pictures of the little alien! How bout some updates on the other babies while your at it
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Check out Capn's post of her little robin for an update on the rest of my FIDS - and look under "Drum Roll" for pictures of the biggest footed African Gray you've every seen!!

What I'm having a problem with right now is getting this silly, spoiled raccoon to drink from a bottle. He'll suck a syringe dry without me touching the plunger but acts like a bottle hurts his mouth. Yes, I spoil all babies rotten!!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."