Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

No Fear

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Crittercall 
#1 ·
I was just wondering, what everyone else's Fids are afraid of ... I swear, Eephus is weird ... he's afraid of strangers, new toys, and ball caps, but not afraid of the things you would think.
He has no fear of dogs or thunderstorms, and, a few minutes ago, 4 jets flew over and the one was so loud, it shook the house ... I go running out because Eephus is out on his tree, and I'm thinking, Oh no ! He's gonna be scared! Before I got out the door, I hear him yelling as loud as he can "HEY BIIIIRRRD!"

Well, it scared me. About had heart failure.

#4 ·
LOL - poor Sharon!

Toby is afraid of all kinds of things. Strangers, vacuum cleaner, broom, yard stick, towels...

Yesterday we were cuddling on the couch and Tob climbed down the couch, ran across the floor and started to bite at the vacuum cleaner...what a goofball! Of course Tito & Snooper wanted in on the "fun" so they started barking as Toby was biting the vacuum...then Toby started to chase them around the living room. Tito got scared and started crying (he's a wimp) but Snoop was having a blast trying to dodge that big beak. Toby will chase her all over the house if you let him!! lol

He especially hates it when Tito cries. Toby starts screaming when Tito cries. LOL

But there are things that I would think would freak him out and they don't. Go figure.

#7 ·
You two need to come spend a night with either Sharon or I. Our birds are crazy! Don't get me wrong...I love them to death...but they really are crazy! Eephus is a really good talker. Toby's still pretty young though.

One more story...every night Toby & I have a little lovin time. We sit on the couch & hug & kiss (he loves to french!!) & preen each other (my hubby says Toby is "the other man" lol) Well, the other night I had put vanilla chapstick on...then I kissed Toby...he pulled his head back, pined his eyes and said "oooohhhhh" in a really high pitched voice. It was SO funny.

I just love that big guy.:lovies:

#9 ·
You know, I'm not sure if Eephus is afraid of the vaccuum, or if he just doesn't like it. When I run it, he gets all wild, and yells in a really loud high pitched voice "WHATRYOUDOIN' ??"

I didn't realize my neighbor lady was out this morning, and I went out to check on Eephus in his tree. gave him some kisses on his face, and he started going "MMMummmummumumum" back at me. I looked over and the poor lady couldn't breathe she was laughing so hard.

There's never a dull moment, that's for sure !

#11 · (Edited)
Henry screams when you sweep under his cage. Everybody screams along with the vacuum cleaner, and they usually sing if water or the hair dryer are running.

Someone in the group is learning both the "beep" from the microwave and the "beep" when my phone is on alert. Haven't caught anyone in the beeping act yet.

I am trying to keep Sweets from being such a "typical" gray. They are afraid of their own shadows. I move his cage around, change around and switch out toys, etc. He's okay with it. Most grays will sit and rub there hands together like little Rainmen saying "this isn't right, this just isn't right".

I don't think Eeph would have been happy for too long if he had gotten into that group of jets! And I'm glad you found some lip gloss that makes him happy. Sweets isn't much on words yet but does make kissing sounds whenever I walk by his cage.

Moji is tryin to talk, but we can't quite figure out what she is trying to say. She is so spoiled; as soon as Bub sits down at the bar she is at the corner of her cage waiting for her "bite". Poor Pip - flies everywhere if you try to let her out, but she seems content just pippin' around her cage. I love to hear her little voice.

I think a lot of birds are afraid of hats. It makes our heads look strange to them. Just like we've taught ourselves and Zoe to fold our own "wings" (arms) behind our backs when we start talking to a bird we don't know, we have to remember to take off hats.

#12 ·
Toby loves hats!! When either of us has a baseball cap on he wants to crawl right on top of our heads! lol

But we tried to measure him again today...only to have him scream bloody murder & run away like we were trying to kill him. I think he thought the measuring tape was evil. I've given up trying to use the yard stick. He freaks on that even more!!

From what I can figure from a distance Toby is about 32 - 34 inches from head to tail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.