Ok.. ok... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Ok.. ok...

Ok, well... long story short. I have always wanted a big bird, but it was never the right time. I wanted to wait until my kids were a bit older.

My dream bird has always been a Molluccan Cockatoo. After lots and lots of research, and visiting several breeders I realized that this was probably not the right choice for me. They are beautiful, but not for me and my family.

So, after a recommendation from a breeder we decided on the Umbrella. We watched her get hand fed out over the last few weeks. We've watched her interact with the breeder, other people, and us of course. This breeder had a beautiful Molluccan we were also considering, but we fell head over heals in love with this baby.

THe breeder says she is a she, but we'll have to DNA to find out for sure.

Without further ado.. here's are new addition. I couldn't be happier and I believe "she" feels the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She is SUCH a doll, Chrisanne!! Does he/she have a name yet?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:29 PM

Well Chrisanne! Congrats!!!!

A cuddly baby 'too! Can I come over and smooch on her??

She's beautiful! You must be thrilled! (oh man, reading your first sentence I thought you were gonna say you got a macaw!!)

So....is she weaned? How old is she? What brand of cage did you get?

Congrats again Chrisanne!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

LOL!! No, i don't think i'm ready for a macaw.

She is a cuddle bug for sure. No Jade she doesn't have a name yet. That's next.

She is weaned, and is about 3.5 months old. Gotta find the paperwork for her official hatch date. I did get some hand feeding formula to have on hand in case she regressed, which the breeder said could happen but likely wouldn't.

Her cage is a King's cage, and big enough for a macaw with LOTS of toys. I am beyond thrilled, I love her already.

She is already saying hello, and trys to say other things too
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh my gosh!! She IS Gorgeous!! They are such "velcro birds"!! Cuddly teddy bears
awww - she makes me miss my Daphne!

[center]

[
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:50 PM

Awwwwww!!!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

She is so beautiful!

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 03:03 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Aww she is soooo cute!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Miss New Booty

AWWWWWWW! Chrisanne, CONGRATS!!!!!! I bet you are so excited! She is adorable!

I have an Umbrella Cockatoo, too!!! He is 1 1/2 yrs old and his name is Angel! We got him at about 2 1/2 months and we handfed him as a baby.

Ohhh I can't wait to see what name you are going to choose! Wow she is already talking, that is great!!!! What kinds of toys did you get her?
Congrats girl! We can't wait for more pics!

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

LOL!! A boy named angel. That's not so bad though.

Geez, we got her a calcium perch, and a trimmer perch (the cage is huge). It came with a branch perch. We got her a huge swing that has a trimmer perch bottom. I got her a round toy for near the bottom, and a hanging toy that looks like tires for the other side. Not that she's been in the cage a lot mind you. Hubby is building her a nice playstand too.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 05:06 PM

She's so cute! Especially with her feathers all fluffed out!
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Miss New Booty

Quote:
LOL!! A boy named angel. That's not so bad though

Actually, we didn't get to do the DNA testing yet on Angel, but we think he is a boy, so I call him "he"! lol The vet techs were oohhing and ahhing over him LOL. She said he was acting like a boy, but we aren't sure!! We loved the name and thought it would be good for a boy or a girl too'!

Ooooo so many fun toys, awesome!!!!

Wow! We want to build a play stand too!!! We have a smaller one, but we wanted to build a big one, like the expensive ones they have in the store. His cage has a play area on top, but we had really wanted to build one. Any tips or plans on how he is going to build it would be awesome, girl!

~* Jackie *~

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Aww! She's so cute! Congrats!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 05:37 PM

Wow shes beautiful and looks real sweet faced,congrats!!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

She's a cutie Chrisanne congratulations!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
teddy bear, vet tech