panic over I think ! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Red face panic over I think !

couple of days ago i needed a group hug like this one,but now things are starting to look up a bit with our Parakeet,whom we,ve called "Wilson" we,ve only had him a few days and did,nt know what to do for the best of him
Well at this very moment he,s up in his favourite corner near the top of the cage legs spread eagled and fast asleepzzzzzz he seems so much happier,and I want to know how don,t they fall off once asleep,it amazes me,I never knew they were so sweet is it normal to feel like this about a bird,I,m singing to him all the time,and chat for hours,hubby,s a bit niffed as I talk to Wilson more than him these days,I can never wait to get in to see him
I can,t wait untill we get to the stage of holding him,he comes very close now to the bars to see me,I opened his door today to clean his main perch he,s got several,but this one had some poop on it,he started to fly around at first,and i thought he was frightened of me,but he was,nt shakeing, and climbing upside down and hanging just like a child showing off,but makes no contact with me,call his name and he will know my voice and comes closer:blob4:
Thanks all Tanwan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 11:50 PM

Wink

I know the feeling well. I have a quaker, Max, and I just love him to pieces. He gives kisses and loves to be with me. Just give Wilson some time, he will enjoy being with you as much as you enjoy being with him.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Talking

lol I feel the same way bout eli. I won't be g ett ing married, cuz most men that I have found are jealous of him lol I don't need someone who is gonna be jealous of a cockatiel. lol much less my 13 yr old cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:29 AM

I think the average for a bird settling into their new environments is about 2 weeks, well for budgies anyway. I think you are doing everything very well. Its really just a little bit of work but LOTS of patience. Good luck with him and keep doing what you are doing.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Princess in Waiting

Don't worry about others thinking you are crazy. I make up songs for my guys, talk, repeat what they say to me - all in the name of socialization. I just don't know if I'm becoming a member of their flock or vice versa!!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

ref Crittercall

well it does sound think your one big familly and thats nice,we now think it,s a she so now named kiwi,as she loves the fruit she seems to be really settling now,and throws seed down onto my Dogs so must be feeling at home more now

Thanks for getting back to me

Thanks again Tania xx