Parakeet Pics Please.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Cool Parakeet Pics Please..

I was just wondering if everyone here could post a pic of there keet or keets if you have more than one and tell me alittle about um... Thanks all... Much apreciated!!!

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

What no pics of anyones parakeets?? awwwww booohooo.. come on people anyone else got parakeets and pics of them?...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 11:29 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Pretty keets ya got there, thanks for sharing lvnmycritters, is Aries a all white with the black markings?

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 07:26 PM

Here are my babies
Rocket

Sky

Them both

I'm not really a bird expert, so I can't give you any info :o But if you'd like anymore pics, I can always help ya out there.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

OOOOHHHH! Your parakeets are very pretty Liana!

I had a couple parakeets when I was a kid. Instead of playing with Barbies, I would have my parakeets ride on my model horses. I would even pretend play Little House on the Prairie with them and have them ride around in the little wagon that was hitched up to one of my model horses. I don't have any pics of it though.

I do have a pic of my very first parakeet sitting on the edge of my plate helping me eat my french toast (I was about 5 years old).....don't know where the pic is, I'll have to ask my mom where she put it.

Rhonda

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 08:45 PM

Thanks Scarlette. Your keet sounds adorable. Sounds like you guys had some great times together.

My birds aren't even allowed out of the cage (Mom's rules). I wish I could let them out, we'd have a lot more fun together.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 08:52 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

My male was alot like Rocket except where Rocket is green my male was a very dark blue. My female was all white. They did have 1 baby together. He was the cutest little bugger and looked exactly like his dad.

Rhonda

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

aww Scarlette! That is soo cute - you used to put them on your model horses! A keet on a model horse beats Barbie in my book any day!! Wow they had a baby! That must have been awesome - I'll bet you loved that little bugger - getting to watch him grow up from the egg.. the whole process!

All of those keets are sooo pretty you guys!

[center]

[
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:bfly: Wow thanks tons for sharing, Rocket is so beautiful, what a awsome color... primabella, whats the age of them?? They are very pretty Keets..

Scarlette, thats soooooo cool you had Keets to and also you sound like me when i was a kid i had so many bryers ( spelling check) model horses and thats all i played with out in the back yard.. If ya can find the pic please share it with us...
Keep the pics commin everyone.. Thanks so much for sharing...

ARENT KEETS ADORABLE!!!

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 09:26 AM

Thanks guys. Yep I love my babies.

My birds turned 3 years old on dec 10. I have been trying to get some decent pictures to post for you guys but they never come out great.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:bfly: Seems to me the pics you took came out really nice, wish some of mine wasnt blurry.. Sometimes i can get a nice good shot sometimes i dont, im still a digi cam learner... LOL!! Still they are very very pretty, they look beautiful.. What sorta treats do you use and what type food are ya feeding them? Just curious..

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 02:13 PM
Herp Nerd

Beeny the blurple bird.

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 02:17 PM

Rav your bird is so pretty

My birds aren't exactly getting the food they need, so before you tell me, please don't start. I already feel like a pretty bad bird owner. (It's sort of a long story and I don't want to get into it) We feed them regular seed mix and spray millet as a treat. I tried feeding them apples and they hated that. Any ideas?
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Wow Rav, Beeny is a very pretty colored parakeet, nice markings to.. How old is your Beeny??
primabella, this is what i am using with Yoshi, hes getting Kaytee Fiesta for parakeets with a small pinch of 8in1 conditioning molting supplement & greens and grains, all mixed together.. Plus he gets 1 millet spray a week, he has his cuttle bone, gravel and gets Nekton-Bio vitamins everyday. In a couple of weeks in gona give him once a week a treat of Exact Rainbow, its a pelletd granual type colored feed.. gone see how he takes to it... If he does gona just use that as treats once a week..

Tags
pet store, seed mix