Pellets ? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 09:20 PM

Isn't it ridiculus how expensive everything is for our birds??? It's so much more expensive than buying for dogs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Miss New Booty

Tell me about it!! We spent almost a $100 today, just going to *look* at a store, lol! We came out with toys, new foods for all 5 birds and dander spray... We also came out with some great info.Toys are outrageous too, she had picked out like 5 for us to get, Brad and I were like "uh I think we'll just be getting one today!"lol I'm really glad he is eating this food, when I just went to his bowl, it was all gone, he loved it! I think he just needed a little variety and change in the pellets. Picky birdies! lol. Oh and I have to get my dogs one of most expensive foods too, lol! They eat Solid Gold and the cats eat Natural Balance. I think they eat better/healthier than us humans!:bfly:

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks Dena! I've always wanted to go check out Paterson's... I see the ad in Bird Talk every month. It's supposed to be huge and carry everything! I am going to venture up there someday soon.
My birds eat Zupreem and Lafeber's... my first cockatiel (also named Dweezil, he crossed the bridge a few years ago) would only eat LaFeber's pellets! (talking just about pellets- he wasn't picky about other foods) Go figure... but I hand raised him from pin feathers and weaned him on to those.

Dweezil II was a rescue... I didn't have the oppertunity to hand feed him. When I found him he was in bad shape, under weight and no tail feathers because he was in a big cage with lots of other 'tiels that picked on him horribly! The lady in the pet store I found him in gave him to me for $15 dollars... can you imagine? She said she thought he would die if someone didn't save him. *duh*!!! (thinking of the tons of things she could have done to help him- sheesh!)
I never thought he'd have tail feathers. I took my time with him, trying my best to get him on a good diet- he'd been fed the crappiest seeds only. ARRGH! Some pet store people should be put in a cage and fed only stale crackers!

Anyway - it *is* rediculous that bird products are so expensive. When it's time to go bird shopping I can never ever get out of the store without spending at least $100.00!! - and me too! I always end up putting toys back on the rack... standing there bug eyed at the prices, trying to pick the ones I think will last the longest etc.
It's time for me to re-do my cages. They need new perches and toys... arrrrgh! I've been putting it off because I know what a big dent the re-do makes.

Jackie, what is the dander spray? What does it do? I always just bathed my cockatoo ( and the 'tiel and macaw) regularly to cut down on the dust and keep their feathers in good shape. I didn't know there was a spray? Is it just for the cockatoo or do you use it on all your birds?

[center]

[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 12:19 AM
Miss New Booty

Deja- Well, it was recomended to me today by the lady at the store..I haven't tried it yet, lol. It says it's for all kinds of birds, It's called "Dander Down" and it says this on the bottle, "greatly reduces the dander released from your pet bird.." Do you think this will work? Well, she suggested it and I want to do the most I can to reduce dander and stop Snuggles from coughing, and I said in my "kitty ashtma" post, I am going to give him frequent baths like u said Deja!! Does anyone know about this dander down?
The prices of these toys are crazy!! When I get stuff to make my own, he destroys them faster, lol.
Awww...Dweezil II was so so lucky to be found by you!!! I can't believe some of these people out there, your right, how would they like to be in a cage with stale food and bad treatment > : (
I'm sorry about Dweezil 1
I hate when these stores have like 20 some parakeets, tiel's in one cage or something, that bothers me. I was at Petsupermarket the other day, and there was that many, I was like "how do u know which bird is which" and them picking on each other, etc.

~* Jackie *~

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Jackie, exactly! These birds weren't even banded!! I just had to have him... and since I'd recently lost my first Dweezil (I'm a nut when it comes to names- I am on my 3rd cat named Abby )
it just made perfect sense to try and save him!

I didn't see your post in the asthma thread - I'm sorry if I keep repeating myself! My brain has been totally fried lately from the prednisone that *I* am on!!

I hope it works and that it helps poor Snuggles. It is so stressful worrying about one of your babies. Hopefully between the prednisone that Snuggles is on and reducing the birdy dust, the allergies will get in control and the asthma will go away - or at least lessen to the point where it's not a big problem for him.

*Anything* that might control the dust would be worth it to me! When I had Daphne (the Citron 'too) I just could not believe the amount of dust that covered everything!!

Let me know if it works! I might have to get a bottle and give it a try on my birds.

I have a house full of allergy ridden humans... and 7 animals that produce enough allergens to make a rock sneeze

I should start investing in Zyrtec stock.

[center]

[

Tags
african grey, dried fruit, pet store, rabbit food, sunflower seeds