A Pic of My Baby - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

A Pic of My Baby

This is Peaches, my Moluccan Cockatoo.

Moluccans are one of the bigger cockatoo varieties. They are also known to be one of the loudest parrots. When she is "talking normally" she can be heard in cars that pass in front of our house even when their windows are rolled up. This is why she has her own section of the house.

She is 18 years old ... only two years younger than me. She favors my hubby over me ... I think my height has a lot to do with that. I think she also sees me as competition. She gets mad when my hubby pays attention to anyone but her ... even the turtles. I don't mind though.

Pretty much the only thing she says is "heeellllloooo" when she wants attention (and she always wants attention). But, they aren't known to really be talkers.

Well, I hope you enjoy the pic! I think she was trying to bite a finger off at the time ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Oh yeah, and she was born in Indonesia where her species is native. She was imported before that was really frowned upon by the public.

We rescued her about a year ago from a lady who kept her outside in a garage with nothing but a space heater in the winter ...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

sorry .. fooled around with the homepage .. must have affected it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Finally ...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Miss New Booty

Awwwwwwwww Peaches is just beautiful!!!!!! Do you have any more pictures of her?? I have an umbrella cockatoo, named Angel! She is so lucky to have been rescued by you.

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 11:21 AM

aww what a face. Look at that face and tell me she isn't happy to be rescued :3 I love the look on resuced animals faces, and the spirit in their eyes. They seem to just KNOW they are in better hands.