Poor Toby... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Poor Toby...

We took Toby to get groomed on Sunday. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. The place did a good job & handled him well...it was just SO hard to listen to his crying & screaming as they held him down.

They trimmed his nails, beak & clipped his wings. A huge crowd gathered to watch because he was screaming so loud. Kenny & I waited outside the room because I couldn't bear to see him like that! There was a few times I wanted to run in the room & tell them to forget it! Kenny just kept hugging me & talking about stupid stuff (I think he was trying to get my mind off it! lol).

When they were finally done & got my baby back he had real tears!! I swear he was crying!! He wouldn't leave my arm for the next hour. He just kept tucking his head under my chin and leaning against my chest. He looked so pathetic!

He was still upset last night but this morning he seemed better. I made him his favorite breakfast & gave him extra lovin before I left for work. Poor little guy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 08:46 AM

awww! He must have been scared! Poor thing! Poor thing for you too, it is so hard to see one of your pets upset and there isn't anything you can do about it!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 09:10 AM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

OMG Poor Toby. I know EXACTLY how you feel - remember my nail trim horror story the day Eeph came home with me ?? Talk about feeling helpless - and to think, all those gawkers being entertained at your baby's expense

heeheeheee Poor Kenny ! Sounds like he handled the situation the best way he could though!

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

The poor guy! Give him extra hugs from all of us!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:20 PM

Awww, poor Toby! Poor mom too!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

OMG Jodi! I'm so sorry... I can only imagine how hard it was for you to go through that (& Toby!) Give him extra love for me!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 08:34 PM

Poor guy! >Hugz<
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 12:16 AM

Aweeeee poor Toby, Jodi give him some hugs and loving from me please, glad to hear he is doing better now
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. Toby is feeling much better and was back to his old self last night. Whew! I was afraid he might hold it against me!

Ohhh, and his wings looks really nice...they did a good job clipping him.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Princess in Waiting

Glad to know the grooming is all over with for a while, at least. I know it was hard on you; I don't even stand where Sweets can see me when they work on him because I don't want him to know I have had anything to do with it! (I was the first one to trim a friend's gray's wings and I swear that bird hated me until I left KY!!)

(((hugs)))for the three of you. Having something done to your baby is hard, even when it's for his own good!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 11:28 PM

Oh poor Toby and you! Glad its done for a while now. I know exactly how you feel. We took Floyd in last Saturday(our cockatiel) in to have his wings clipped. He cried and cried. It felt like the first time I had to take in my first baby for her shots. Anyway..I will try and do it myself next time. I mostly went to see how it's done.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 09:22 PM
Princess in Waiting

Just watch out for those blood feathers, Laurie!! Sharon, didn't your hubby find a site that showed how to clip their wings?

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."