a present for Van_Rat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

a present for Van_Rat

i remember you posted photos of ducks a while back, so upon getting a decent camera, i thought i'd take some photos of the ducks we keep for eggs.

this is our proud drake. i think he likes being the only boy...

they're funny things... so happy ducking van_rat!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pets name: Cheryl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Hello Earthling

Cute.
Ducks (esp. the white ones) always look and try to attack me... but the little grey one looks nice : )

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

LOL!! Same here! I love ducks, but they always chase me in "attack mode"!! I don't get it!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

these are running ducks, they seem to always run away from us. the place we got them from didn't have too much contact with them, which i guess is acceptable 'cos they're happy, just not tamed. they look so funny when they walk, they like shimmy on tip-toes. if we have another snow day tomorrow, i'll take a video of them and put it up here.

they grey one's my favourite.

thanks for the comments

Babies:
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 03:48 PM
RAT ADDICT

Eeeeeeee! They are soooo cute! I love ducks.
They are really pretty,the black ones are my favorite! Do they have names?

If I ever moved somewhere with land,I would definatly want some ducks!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

there's old one spot, named by the previous owners, but other than that they don't have any names. if you pick them up their feathers are really soft and thick. they're great pets, they're really comical, can be quite tame apparently, they're cheap to keep and they lay eggs like mad on season. running ducks don't swim, they just need enough water to get their heads in and they're more than happy. they are, however, quite loud. if something spooks one, they all panic. then when that one calms down, it sees the rest are panicking and starts up again, it takes them ages to calm down. funny though..

Babies:
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
RAT ADDICT

LOL!!!! They sound super cute and really funny!!
They are so long too! Adorable.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

my neighbour thought they were geese because they sttod up straight, but they quacked, so she was confused lol. we've started getting eggs out of them now, at least 2 ducck egg blue..... eggs every day.

Babies:
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 04:38 AM

Sorry if I seem an absolute idiot but I'm just wondering if you have a male how do you know if any of the eggs are fertilized?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

when you put them in the incubator, they'll hatch........

we eat the eggs.

Babies:
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 PM

ahhhh you see I always thought you could only eat unfertilized ones. My bad.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

nah, you can eat fertilized ones, you just have to know that there might be a pre-baby duck in there.

Babies:
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim

Tags
ducks