probably getting a new budgie tomorrow excited !! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

probably getting a new budgie tomorrow excited !!

me and my mother are planning on going out to a petco in town to purchase a lil budgie to bring home and spoil. I am very excited to bring one home, we had one I was little and always wanted to have another but we never got much chance to. I know my mom is wanting to a white one that has spots of blue and yellow if we can find. Home I have been helping out by washing the old bird cage we have out with white vinegar so its all clean and healthy for the new arrival. I know general care with budgies but not as much as I might like to.
so I am going to see if we can swing by the library tomorrow as well so I can pick up books about budgies. If I can manage to swipe a digital camera that actually works, since mine right now does not and see if I can show you all pics of the new lil one when he or she is home.
just wanted to share the news I am very excited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 11:58 AM
RAT ADDICT

Thats great! Let us know how it goes.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Yay! Can't wait to hear more about your new arrival

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

the little one arrived today, he has already started to warm up both me and my mom. he is in our up stairs off readjusting fairly well, he's not been to terribly vocal, but he seems calm and relaxed most all of the time, I simply think he is still trying to take his time to adjust to the new home. Luckily it does look like he is eating since I saw he had pooped a few times in the cage. and I am assuming he has drank as well.
some spots on him look like he might molting I picked up a special type of food supplement thats supposed to be good for birds when they are shedding or molting, it says it helps decrease stress levels. we have a cuttle bone for him or her (we have not been able to tell what it is quite yet so it has no name) are there any others I should consider getting? I heard about some type of spay that is good for them, and I am also thinking getting him some of the plant like things that look like grain for him to snack on, might be a good idea as well.

I did take pictures and i will try to post them up if I can at all. He body is entirely white he has a little while splotch on his forehead, and he has a blue are on his tummy and his back, his tail feathers are blackish Grey kind of color.

Tags
budgies