The Real Macaw - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

The Real Macaw

Hey guys, PBS will be playing the movie "The Real Macaw". For me it will be on Feb 15 at 8 pm.

You can check PBS to find out what date & time it will be playing for you.

I'm SOO excited! I've almost bought this movie so now I'll be taping it when it comes on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I just saw this! Wow - that's today... Thanks Jodi! I'm going to check the channel guide for PBS and see if it's on up here at the same time.
I'll definately tape it if it's on!

Edited to say:
Yes! It's on at 8:00 pm ! I set the TIVO to record it.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[

Last edited by Deja; 02-15-2004 at 12:26 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Awww! I loved it! What a neat show that was. The whole thing about them trapping the wild macaws was SO sad. Very disturbing.

And the guy that has the Scarlet that plucks (when he went on vacation several years ago)....omg, he had me crying!

They are so beautiful when they are in flight, aren't they?? I want to go on an eco-vacation....we've been talking about it for awhile now but seeing this makes me to go even more.

That was a great show! I loved it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 09:32 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Well, crud. I forgot, besides, Shrek was on

I bet they'll show it a few more times, I'll have to go check.

Sharon
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

It was awesome. I just about teared up too when the man was talking about his Scarlet that plucked when he went away on vacation.
How amazing would that be! To go on an eco-vacation to the Amazon or Peru and watch them in nature - seeing them in flight ... I was just in awe of the beauty. The colors also struck me, they were so vivid! Such beautiful captivating birds they are.
I too was very upset when they showed the poachers and bird smugglers. How sad.
It just reinforces making sure any bird you decide to purchase was captive bred and close banded.
I hadn't kept up with the plight of the Spix's Macaw and was very happy to learn that there is a breeding pair in captivity. I really hope they eventually start having successful clutches.
I'm glad I taped it because I know I will watch it again. I thought it was a fantastic documentary.
Sharon, I can make you a copy - I'd be happy to! Let me know and I'll plop it to a tape and send it You can play it for Eeph... there were lots of beautiful Blue and Golds!

Jodi, did Toby respond to all the bird squaks and screams? Dante called out a few times from the kitchen! It didn't hit me at first, then I realized, he was answering the birds on the TV! He did what I call his "Hey! Hey! I'm over here!" squawk!

[center]

[
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Yes he did!! He was on the couch watching with us. At first he didn't do much then all the sudden he looked at the TV and said "wow" in his little girl voice!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

awww Jodi! That would have just melted me I just love the Tobster - give him a big smooch from me!!
It's amazing that he said "wow"!! They are just so smart. I wonder what he must have been thinking!

[center]

[
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 01:23 PM

lol that movie plays on family channle fairly often, I have seen it several times now :p good movie!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Actually, this wasn't the movie "The Real Macaw". I thought it was going to be the movie but it turned out to be a nature documentary with the same name. It was VERY good though.

I'm glad you think the other one is good though. I've thought about buying it (I haven't seen it yet & I don't have cable).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I didn't know there was a movie with the same title, "The Real Macaw". When I saw Jodi first mention it was going to be on PBS I just assumed it was a documentary (I'm a total documentary freak)
What is the movie about? I'll plug it into Tivo search and see if I can grab it if you guys think it's worth watching...
Thanks!

[center]

[
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Here's a link for the movie Linda:The Real Macaw

It sounds kinda cheesy but I'm sure it's cute. And besides I like anything with macaws! LOL
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'll watch almost anything with Macaws (or other parrots) in it too!
The movie looks cute!
We do Netflix, I'm going to see if it's on there and stick it in the cue

Bump one of Jim's sci-fi manly shoot blow things up loud noisy run from the room screaming movies out of the cue - and add that one!
Thanks Jodi!

[center]

[
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Let me know if you watch it!

Tags
breeding pair, captive bred