Rescued birds??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Talking Rescued birds???

How are you guys doing with the birds you've rescued recently - the love birds that Neuroticah and Lauren have? I do everything but put a trail of bird seed to the house to try to get something to come to me, but no luck.

Hope they are getting along well with the rest of the flock.

Yesterday I forgot to open the blinds in the b/r for my Eclectus and the cleaning lady commented that he hadn't said a word all day - he usually talks to her like crazy. I went down the hall to my bedroom saying"Hello, Hello". He responded once then as soon as I let his little ray of sunshine in he started - "What are you doing?" He'd be great answering the phone if I could only get him to push the right button. As soon as it rings he yells "HELLO". He also mimics me the whole time I'm on the phone if I'm in the same room as he is.

And my eckie at PetsMart? I got Bub to go in there with me the other night. This bird has never got close enough for me to touch him but will talk to me. The minute Bub walked up to his cage he was at the bars with his head down. GRRRR!!!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Akasha

hey me and neuroticah resued a budgie =P not a love bird silly. he's doing well. Last ngiht we got him a friend from the pet store. poor thing there are way to many budgies together, she has next to no tail feathers and i think she has mites. Were treating her for the mites and keeping her seperated for a while.but now hudson has a friend and he can quit trying to snuggle with the cockatiel. =)

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Sorry I messed up on my names!

Good for you, getting a new pal. And you're right about keeping them apart for a while - that's best for all birds involved.

I don't know why the smaller birds are bothered by mites more than the larger ones. I used to keep one of those things on top of the cockatiel cage that is supposed to keep mites away, but I don't do anything with the big guys. The problem with them is when moths hatch out from their food!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 01:50 AM
Akasha

lol moth is food....that i have never heard before. aww theres a poor littel girl hedgehog at a local spca......i'd love to get her, but i'm sooo low on cash and my work is cutting back on hours for christmas cause it's our slow season. grrrr poor thing i feel so bad for her. she was just caged prior to comming to the spca, no one ever handled her or played with her . i feel so bad. apparently now shes being handled daily and is comming around. i would really love to get her and give her a good forever home

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

That's why I can't go places like that. I want to bring at least ONE thing home! Bubba is currently fascinated with prairie dogs - doesn't necessarily want one, but wants to hold it and touch it and be around it and know more about it!

CRITTERCALL

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 02:52 AM
Akasha

me and neuroticah are moving in together hopefully in spring, then we can have our own little zoo =) i wanna start up a small rescue for exotics and small animals here.

Tags
pet store, prairie dog, prairie dogs