Robyn-my little bird story - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2003, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Post Robyn-my little bird story

The other day while looking at houses i glanced out the window and saw a robyn had perched on one of the neighbor's car doors and was looking in the side mirror at itself. When we were leaving like a 1/2 hour later I glanced over and noticed the bird was still there..............and had pooped like twice the size of it's body all over the people's car door. Can you imagine how mad they had to be when they saw that? I mean I thought it was gross/funny but that is only because it wasn't my car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2003, 12:52 PM

Ewwww! But in some cultures, isn't bird poop a sign of good luck?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 12:34 PM

omg, I never knew bird poop was good luck...I must be REALLY lucky then.....LOL

Hey Capn, did ya know some birds will attack the reflection they see in bumpers/mirrors/windows of cars. Maybe he was having a stare down with himself!!!!!! LMAO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Right, Jodi - that's why it isn't a good idea to put a mirror in a bird cage. They'll either fight it or fall in love with it!

Moji, my Senegal, likes to get up close to my face and stare at my eyes. He gets put back in his cage then. I don't want a bird beak in my eyeball!!

Another thing you may not know about birds, Capn: they will go to the outside perimeter of their nest to poop. They don't want to sit in it all the time - and boy, can they get projectile with it sometimes!! (I've noticed this more with song birds or wild birds than my pets - although if Henry is very conscientious about NOT pooping on one of us - he'll walk to the edge of the chair or somewhere so it doesn't fall right on us).

Today's lesson, huh?

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 01:52 PM

Critter, I've noticed that Toby will go to the far corner of his cage to poop. He's potty trained so he almost never goes on us but if he's on his tree gym, he'll go to the end and poop then come back and play. LOL

BTW....How's frosty doing these days??
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 11:07 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Jodi, an African Gray can build a beautiful "Poop Sculpture" in almost no time because seems they'll always go to the same perch for "nature's call". And they love to poop in their water. Even changing water daily it can almost make you sick with the sewage smell!!

Frosty is doing great. Mom and Dad will be down in a couple of weeks to pick him up. He spends all of his time with his head down in his food dish now and LOVES a millet stick.

Moji weaned easily and could become "Bubba's Bird". They get along really well. He's an african bird, too, so he has a lot of the same traits as the Gray.

I found out that Pip is a girl and I just love her. She's not much of a "holding and cuddling" bird, but she's fun to listen to and she's jolly and just pips around all the time.

Be sure you check out the pictures of my new baby. I'm thrilled - and he's huge for a three-week old baby. Not even pinning yet. His feet look like snow skis!

Have you ever seen a Cape Parrot? They're also in the African family and are very colorful and absolutely beautiful. About the size of a Timneh, I guess, although more streamlined. This one was such a sweetheart that Bubba had it out of the cage and playing with it in no time. Good thing that my friend already has mate for it or I think we would have been tempted to bring two birds home.

I'm handfeeding two different creatures right now and with the shape the house is in, getting ready for a trip, dr's appt on Thurs for fibro (why can't they find something that will stop the pain???) all I need is another baby to take care of!!

Hope your group is all doing well. I'll be putting more pictures of Captain Sweets on as he grows and need to post another picture of Koonta Kintay.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 07:43 AM

Glad to hear everythings going ok for ya (even if you're stressin a little!!) I'm sure you'll be sad to see Frosty go.

"Poop Sculpture" !!!!!!! OMG, that's what they're called!!!!! Toby has designed several of those!!! LOL !!!!!!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 07:46 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Didn't realize 'til now how wordy I had gotten. Sorry.

Yeah, poop sculptures. Now if we could only find a way to market them we'd be rich!!

CRITTERCALL

Tags
bird cage, potty train, potty trained