Shower Perch - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Shower Perch

Hey Critter, check this out...Sharon's husband made us this shower perch. It works SO good for giving Toby showers. He loves it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 05:42 PM

I have a shower perch for my senegal but he hates it. He hates being sprayed by me too. He loved to bath himself in his water bowl but that got way too messy so now he showers in his water bottle. Occasionally he will let me spray him so he gets a really good soak but I know he hates it
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 07:58 PM
sue

Angry

I had a senegal she loved to get sprayed.Do you talk to her before you start the spraying??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I've seen those in catalogs but don't know if any of my birds would take to it. My first Timneh LOVED to take baths in the kitchen sink - put a shallow plate full of water in there and leave the water just barely running and she'd stay there forever.

I think the group I've got now is a little young (and my house a little cool) to start w/the bathing. Henry hates to be sprayed or put in the sink, but he dunks his head in the water dish (YUCK - I don't even like to touch it!)

My hair is standing on end w/Frosty's constant crying. I'm ready to go to bed (been a l-o-n-g week) but I hate for the birds to have such a long day tomorrow w/o food. We're going to leave here around noon for Wildlife on Easy Street, but I'm not sure what time Bubba and I will be back home to feed the fids.

Yes, if you insist, I'll post some pictures from there!!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Toby hated showers at first. He would scream whenever water would touch him. and OMG can he scream! LOL We started in the bath tub while I was in the water I would put him on my arm and dip his feeties, then his legs, then his breast, etc. Just to get him used to the water I guess. It took a while of doing that before he graduated to showers. Now he loves it. Kenny says Toby does his "7 yr old girlie scream" when we bring him in to the bathroom LOL.

I don't know if this (slowly getting used to it) is something that normally has to be done or if some birds just love showers right off the bat. Toby is a little "odd". A real goofball... so maybe he was "abnormal" in the whole shower/water thing.

He does try to bathe in his bowl but he's just too darn big!!!

Oh Critter, I hope you get a good nights rest (away from Frosty's cry's - oh how I know that can drive you insane...even though you love the little bugger there's only so much crying you want to hear!!) and I hope things go well for y'all tomorrow. Keep us updated.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:46 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Hmmmm ... I read all the time about birds that love to take a bath ... I don't think Eephus enjoys it at all. I don't know how I'd ever get him bathed without the shower perch.
Now, what he does love is AFTER the shower; I put him up on the shower curtain rod where he flaps and screams and hollers, and seems to have a good ol' time. I stand outside the door and listen to him, trying not to die laughing. Sometimes I'll use the hair drier on him for a minute or two, and he'll say "WOW" in this weird growly voice.
How often do y'all bathe your birds ? Right now, with it being so cold, I only bathe Eephus once a week. I'm sure I'll do it more often once it warms up.

Sharon

Tags
water bowl