Showers - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Showers

We all know how important showers are for our fids but what is your bird's favorite way to get wet?

Do you have a shower perch?
Do you use a mister?
Do you use the tub or sink?

And how about a picture of your bird taking a bath?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 11:57 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

Thumbs up Abe's First Shower Story!

I was a little concerned, never having done it before, and with his hissing at misting, and stinks with sinks, he LOVED the shower!! I mean it! This is the first time I've been able to read what this (boy?) has signaled, and from what I can tell, he really really enjoyed it!

First I let him sit on the rail (we have glass shower doors, no curtain rod) and though he thought he saw another bird at first (his reflection) he wasn't too preoccupied. The whole time I was saying PRET-tee BURD-ee, and one by one introducing him to the sounds and sights. First the lights, (which I'm glad to know about now) and the ventilation fan (just in case its better to have it on) and then the water. I hopped in, "PREE-tee BURD-ee" over and over still. I thought, okay the water should be fine how it is, and then I thought okay, and put him on the floor, maybe he'd like to play down there. But he didn't seem too intrested... so I picked him up and let him sit on my hand with the water on me... Little beads from splashing *mist* were forming, and he started to fluff up like I've never seen him do before! (The good kinda fluffing.) So I help part of my hand under one of the little streams and he ducked his head under! It was SO neat! And then when he pulled his little head out, he shook (ya know what I mean, not shivered but shook like a quick fluff.) A couple times he even whistled, and I've learned he prefers to sit on my shoulder at all times, and that when on my hand, he likes my ring. HA HA

Well anyways, he had fun, and no stinks from him and no hissing, ... He really enjoyed it! He is drying off and he looks so pretty! Of course, "PRET-tee BURD-ee", yes yes.

(question, he'd duck his head in the stream right, but should I be concerned about the water he lets form in his nares? That was really the only thing I was concerned about... thanks!)

-Mallory and Abe the shower bird.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 12:03 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Abe after our shower (didn't think I'd take one of us IN it, lol) maybe I'll try to plan one next time, making sure it would be appropriate!

haha

He is a little dried off already...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Re: Abe's First Shower Story!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ms.Redd
and he started to fluff up like I've never seen him do before! (The good kinda fluffing.) So I help part of my hand under one of the little streams and he ducked his head under! It was SO neat! And then when he pulled his little head out, he shook (ya know what I mean, not shivered but shook like a quick fluff.) A couple times he even whistled
Awesome! He was lovin it!!! The fluffing up and shaking (kinda like a dog does) is exactly what they do!! I can't believe how good he did for his first shower! That is so great Mallory!!

Isn't it cute how they act in the shower?!?

I wouldn't worry about the water going in his nares as long as it's not pouring directly in. Toby sticks his face right under the water and soaks his head. He shakes his head after but then goes right back for more!

Speaking of fluffing up, have you seen the pictures of Toby & Eephus after shower time? There is one hilarious picture of Toby called "Afro Burdy" and some of Eef holding his wings up dancing around acting like a crazy burd!
Here they are:
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showt...threadid=12758
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showt...threadid=12751