small pellets food - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

small pellets food

My lovebird Chive eat only small pellets. Foods for lovebirds are with large pellets so i always haved to crush them so she eats. I want i know if pellets labeled for parakeets are the same than pellets for lovebirds. because if this is correct i will not spend so much time choping pellet food. i know these are native to different regons but do they make the foods the same? also is anyones have birds piky like this? Thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 AM

Many birds are very picky, my parakeets were crazy about a certain grass I picked from outside for them called Chickweed. The pellets have different amounts of different things, for example the ratio is different for protien and fruit and such in the pellet. It shouldn't be so dramatically different that it would harm the bird, but I would stick to just crushing up the bigger pellets. It's good that you have it on pellets though! Some never like the switch from seeds to pellets even though its better for them!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Yeah my bird was weaned into pellets by the breeder so that was good I didnt have to swiched her. she only eats a small amount of seed a day, like 1 teaspoon as a treet after goes back in her cage.BUT she is not tuch veggies. she like to play with them and destroy them but never eating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They are basicly the same. Check both label ingredients next time you visit the place where you purchase them.

I have cockatiels and I mix pellets in their seed mix. They never liked the larger ones toted for cockatiels and much prefer the smaller ones that are toted for parakeets so that is what they get.

Lve Never Fails

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 04:15 AM

try some millet..no bird can resist millet.lol
good luck xx