Someone bought my Senegal! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool Someone bought my Senegal!

I was so disappointed! Bubba was going to go get him yesterday but never had time to leave the office. Tonight we too Frosty to have his wings clipped (after I had to chase him all over the kitchen twice this a.m.) and Henry for nails, beak and wings. Someone had bought the Senegal for their daughter for Christmas and it will stay at the store until then. WAH!!!

BUT he said he will have more in Feb and would still give me an outstanding price on it if I'm willing to feed it out. I'm more than willing - I'd hand feed baby birds for a living if I could!

So guess what kind of Valentine I'll get?

We also bought cages for Frosty and the little bird (can't get a name to stick to him). The cage just looks way huge for such a tiny bird! We also bought Frosty a swing with the perch that is supposed to file their nails and a new toy for Henry that will be good for his beak - his beak had some notches in the side that weren't supposed to be there. And we bought food for all the birds.

Gee, wonder why he didn't charge for the grooming on the birds? He was feeding and getting ready to close for the night and invited me to help. Of course I said NO - NOT!!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 10:37 PM

Awww, I am sorry that they had sold your senegal, want me to call him and give him a piece of my mind. LOL

Sounds like youamy have some happy birds there tonight
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 12:57 AM

Sounds like you had fun even though the bird you wanted was sold. I hope you do get a Senegal valentine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 01:17 AM

Aww, I'm sorry Critter. But little baby senegals are just so captivating with their big black eyes and their begging for attention. You will have no problem falling in love with a new one! They are sooo cuddly when they are babies. Mine still is cuddly, except only with me. I socialized him so well to but he has chosen to love me and only me
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Thanks for the sympathy, guys. I suppose by February I won't want another bird (yeah, right!) or I'll be ready to jump back into the handfeeding pool!

I put Frosty in her new cage this a.m. and moved the little bird into the one I took Frosty out of. It's a bit smaller cage but that poor bird is just absolutely dwarfed by that cage!

The guy at the pet store really put on guilt trip on me last night about what I feed my birds. The only seed I had on hand was a seed mixture that I use for Henry, so I had put some of that in with Frosty just so she could learn to munch. Along with a millet stick. Oh man, he has jumped all down my throat about millet having no nutritional value on the stick (why is it different from what is in the bin?) and then went on and on because there is sunflower seed in it and told me I was killing my Eckie with renal failure by giving him sunflower instead of safflower seed.

I still feel like crap over it this a.m. This is something that I KNEW and at one time would not have allowed a sunflower seed in my house for my birds. But the breeder I worked for a few years ago was not that particular about what she fed her birds and I got into a bad habit.

I'll feel better after I beat myself up for a while!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 12:33 PM

Please, you should have taken the bird food and shoved it up this guys butt! Just because you give a little bit of it to the birds does not mean they will end up in renal failure. If you only fed it seed and specifically sunflower then you might end up with problems.

Don't you dare beat yourself up because you had a discussion with a militant bird person! Most bird owners give their birds some sort of seed mix as a treat and most bird owners give birds millet on the stick to keep them busy for a while.

All of my birds get seed mix along with pellets and veggies and fruits and cooked foods and they are doing just fine!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 04:31 PM

Critter, it will be time for a new pet in Feb. for sure! What a perfect gift but I thought there was some kind of no new pets clause in your house?

Tell that guy to shut up! I am sure your birds are fine!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 11:33 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Sorry you didn't get the senegal for Christmas.It sucks when you want something and then it is gone by the time you go to pick it up.Febuary will be here quicker than you think and I think it will make a great valentines day gift for you.
I don't think your birds are in any danger(spoiled yeah alot ) so don't be upset by what the guy said.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Yeah, Cap'n, we've got that "no new pet" thing going - just don't say it too loud right now!

Thanks, Runt. You're right - my animals are rotten. Sasha (the shihtzu) screams if I'm not directly in her line of sight!

Dena, was your parrotlet nippy when he was little? We take this one out of the cage and handle him as much as we can and he has one of those sharp little beaks that just loves to nip at us. I told him I was gonna flip that little pink beak one day and show him what hurts!

CRITTERCALL

Tags
baby birds, pet store, seed mix