And they say that animals can't rationalize.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

And they say that animals can't rationalize....

Today at work, a guy took a sick African Grey. The doctor checked him and decided on a treatment (which I don't know cause I was dealing with the records at that time). Well, the Dr. gave the bird an injection... and the bird CURSED! LOL!!! We laughed sooooo much! and the owner looked so ashamed... lol... It was so funny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 10:38 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

I can well believe that; African Greys are so smart!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

That's just perfect.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 10:49 PM

Birds are incredibly intelligent.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That's hilarious.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 02:03 AM

Thats too funny i honestly tell people that Humans dont give animals enough credit!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 12:20 PM

Doesn't surprise me!!

Have you heard about what Alex the African Grey said when they brought him to the vet?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 06:09 PM

Hehe, go parrot! What did he say exactly???
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 08:28 PM

LOL! My grey has been known to drop things and say "sh*t!"
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi

Doesn't surprise me!!

Have you heard about what Alex the African Grey said when they brought him to the vet?
No, I haven't... LOL

Quote:
What did he say exactly???
Is that to me or to Jodi? LOL... if it's for me... I have been thinking but I can't find a proper english word for it... Me and a friend came to the conclussion that it had to be something like "god darn" (in the other version), but we came to that conclussion cause I couldn't think of a translation of that word to spanish. Can I say the word in spanish? Don't know how many latin people are here that could get offended by it... even though it's not a extrememly offensive one.

My uncle has blue & gold macaw who is a badmouth. I always remember once, we were visiting and Paco started screaming. My uncle sprayed him with this water bottle to make him shut up. Paco started speaking under his breath, and suddenly said, (translation) "you **** it all" (fill in the blanks... lol)
Another story about Paco, my uncle also had a Shar-Pei named Rolex. Well, Sometimea Paco called Rolex, and Rolex came running, and Paco would say nothing, and once Rolex went away, Paco laughed and called him again. Paco is such a funny bird, it's been a while since I last saw him... 8)
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 03:39 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

This thread is too great! I too think that animals are smarter than they're given credit for. Not that sometimes my parents cockatiel Abe doesn't go banana's whistling off anything he can, but sometimes I swear he knows what he's saying!

One day my mom told me she had some friends over and the husband of the couple was just completely fascinated with Abe because he could say a few things. But my mom said that for the life of her, she couldn't get him to holler my name. (Although he doesn't really SAY it, because he learned it before he learned how to actually speak, so its more of a close whistle...)

So anyways, later that same day I was over visiting and the second I walked in the door (his cage is in the front room) he hollers "MAAAAL-or-EEE!" At this time, my mom started laughing her butt off. I guess all he needed to do was see me!

When I still lived at home, he would be in a chirpy mood, he'd go "MAAAAAL-or-EEE!" then do the c'mere whistle he learned from us calling the dog, and so I'd go downstairs and one particular time I was in a towel (because I'd just gotten out of the shower) and he did the wolf whistle at me!! Nutso bird!!

He does know how to lift your spirits a bit though, when he does the wolf whistle and you're feeling sick or ugly or just plain down in the dumps!

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:05 PM

Wink My greys' name is HarleyGirl

I rescued HarleyGirl from my next-door neighbors' dog 14 years ago.
Since that time never a day goes by that she doesn't amaze me with
her wit and intelligence. She knows all my cats by name and appear-
ance. I have tried to curtail the more colorful language but every so
often her past seeks up on us. Her specialty is A****** in a suprano
(opera-style) voice when my younger brother comes to visit. It is classic. Greetings, Suorang
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot
Is that to me or to Jodi? LOL... if it's for me... I have been thinking but I can't find a proper english word for it... Me and a friend came to the conclussion that it had to be something like "god darn" (in the other version), but we came to that conclussion cause I couldn't think of a translation of that word to spanish. Can I say the word in spanish? Don't know how many latin people are here that could get offended by it... even though it's not a extrememly offensive one.

My uncle has blue & gold macaw who is a badmouth. I always remember once, we were visiting and Paco started screaming. My uncle sprayed him with this water bottle to make him shut up. Paco started speaking under his breath, and suddenly said, (translation) "you **** it all" (fill in the blanks... lol)
Another story about Paco, my uncle also had a Shar-Pei named Rolex. Well, Sometimea Paco called Rolex, and Rolex came running, and Paco would say nothing, and once Rolex went away, Paco laughed and called him again. Paco is such a funny bird, it's been a while since I last saw him... 8)
It was for you! Thanks
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:28 PM

I found that my buddy sometimes when he drops something big (a toy or somethin) he will say F*** i didnt teach him it either.

Tags
african grey, gold macaw