Things From Barn & House.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Cool Things From Barn & House..

Well i have new babies commin in soon and even though im getting the cages with um i had this cage out in the barn, i cleaned it up and am gona put all new natural branches in it and new feed and water cups in also, thru few toys in i put together, one is from the store and made the playpen out of things from around the house and outside, everything was washed and boiled with soap and bleach then re cleaned with boiled clear water.. Im not done with the playpen and cage yet but this is what it looks like so far, this will be the cage and playpen for the Blue crown conure, the quakers things i gota work on yet, not to bad for not spending any money except for the one toy, there are so many things around the house that i can use for toys.. I even made the swing to... LOL!! It has 2 big swing out doors, heres Luna saying whats in there ma... LOL!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cage and playpen view.jpg (55.4 KB, 30 views)

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

heres another view, gona get new feed and water cups, and yes things on the playpen didnt get cut staright my hand dont hold the saw very well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parrot cage pic b.jpg (51.6 KB, 23 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

And one of the playpen, not done yet check out that flunky swing i made, it swings and works so i guess i did ok..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg playpen b.jpg (55.4 KB, 23 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

heres the cage sittin on the kitchen table as ya can see its not a small cage at all.. What ya all think?? Is gona be ok once i fix it up more??:bfly:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parrot cage and playpen 04.jpg (54.8 KB, 21 views)

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 08:52 PM

I think it looks great Cuda! I'm not sure how big a Blue Crown Conure is but I'm sure you do! So I think it will be terrific and like you said at least you didn't have to spend any money on it!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 09:30 PM

I think your cage looks great! I don't know how big that kind of bird is either, but looks like you were creative.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Thanks Angela & masterjack, the Blue crown conure is around 15 inches.. This is my cage dimensions, its 3 1/2ft tall by 20 inches deep by 26 wide.. My buddy gave it to me about 2yrs ago, he was gona use it for his ferrets, it is like brand new he didnt need it as he ended up with to many ferrets, he had 3 in it as it was and he didnt have enough room for them and all there stuff so he gave it to me.. I know that once i get my babies home the conure is gona love the extra room and the quaker is gona get switched to a bigger cage as well.. I figured what the heck why go out and spend money when i can use what i got and make the rest of the stuff.. That leaves me with the cash to spend on treats & other toys... LOL!!!:bfly:

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Miss New Booty

That looks awesome!!! What a great job you did!!!!! I really want Brad and I to make our own cages, too! The playpen looks like lots of fun! What are you naming your new birdies?? Luna is too cute!

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Hey kittygurl823, the Blue crowns name is Ceaser, which is getting changed and the Quakers name is Max which i think i will change also since they are commin to a new home i dont want to asociate there names with the old, they are getting a whole new start... I gota come up with some cool names, soon...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Well i got the quakers playpen done, its ready to go except gota add food and water dish to it yet.. Crud says i cant post a pic.. what the heck... bummer..