Update on my bird issues. . . . . . . . . - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool Update on my bird issues. . . . . . . . .

I am gradually cutting back on the amount of hand feeding formula that I give Frosty. Tonight we handed out millet sticks before we left for dinner and everyone was thrilled. He didn't start screaming the minute I walked in the door, which was a welcome change!!

Poor little Mojo (hard work for me to type - sometimes it comes out Mogo, sometimes Mofo) needs to be put into a cage. I have a cage for him but haven't had time to get it set up for him. He's doing really well eating pellets and cheerios (and that tasty millet stick) and is such a friendly, social little fellow. Gotta get a picture of him on here! I was watching The Birdcage tonight and we thought that Agador Spartacus might be a good name for him!

Henry will go through a period of grief when Erin leaves. It is really funny that he just falls head over heels in love when he sees her, especially since he doesn't see her often. If we lived closer to each other I'd HAVE to give him to her, because he wants nothing to do with Bubba or me if she's around.

And little Pip is just jolly. Bubba is working with him on holding him and NOT getting bit and he's getting better. He seems to be a happy little bird and does a lot of chattering. He also has a toy with a bell that he will just sit and ring forever.

Two more days of taking pictures of Zoe, then I'll start back on the animals!!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 09:49 AM

Glad to hear all the birds are doing well
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 12:38 PM

Finally things sound like they are going just a little bit smoother. And as all bird owners know it is so worth it in the end! I know my birds could bite me and be mean to me a thousand times (thank goodness they don't) but if they put their little heads down just once for a scratch or give me a little whistle it is all worth it and I just melt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 01:09 PM

Critter, I hope it continues to get better for you. I know how the crying can drive you insane! But I'm glad to hear things are looking up. Keep up the good work!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Awww! Just hearing all the cute things your birds do makes me want one! I'll just have to live vicariously through the bird people!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

My two hand-feds got only one feeding today; I've been in bed all day and just couldn't get up. They were most appreciative tonight. Frosty doesn't do that baby-ish whine any more but she does scream the whole time I'm fixing the food. I talked to the breeder the other day; I think we're going to get another cockatiel to put in with her until she is completely weaned. Shouldn't take long. But I'll have to get a friendly cage mate, 'cause I'm still not sure I can give her up! Mojo was going to be cut back to one feeding a day this weekend anyway so he'll learn. He's eating lots of pellets but didn't care for the melonberry fruitloops that Zoe left here.

Mojo had love time with me for over an hour while watching TV. I think that the Senegals are one of the best kept secrets in the bird world!

Jodi, I bought the coolest thing at Steinmart the other day. Will have to get a picture of it on here for you. It is a footstool made in the image of a Macaw. One of those things that I just HAD to have!

We'll all get there, eating on our own and living in our own cages. It's just taking much longer than normal.

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."

Tags
cage mate