We got two ducks!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

We got two ducks!!

Well, one is a mallard (sp?)

They are soooo adorable. They are peeping right now like you would never believe!! Im hoping the duck we have right now will let them into our "flock".. She tried to attack them today but Im assuming because they are babies and they aren't hers.

They are so adorable!! Pics later

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Princess in Waiting

Just give them some time, Rocheal. It may even take two or three weeks - remember, they're getting used to a great big world and the other duck is wondering who the intruders are!

Aren't they funny? You don't say how big/old they are but if they are tiny do be careful. Odd as it sounds baby ducks can drown!

Looking forward to the pix - what are their names?

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Im not sure how old they are but we took them down to the creek today and they had a BLAST. We're working on building them a pool to swim in down there... The current is definately strong enough to fill something up!!

(The mountain of eggs is from the duck we've already had for a while. We counted all together over 40 eggs in that pile!!)

The dark one is Otis and the yellow one is Aflac.

They seemed to be swimming very well. Otis loved diving underwater and swimming while Aflac hung out above the water occasionally bathing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 02:03 PM

They are adorable and I can not believe you named one Aflac!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

awww baby ducklings, how adorable!

Rocheal, you already have a flock of ducks? How cool! I like their names cute!
I hope these 2 new little ones fit right in - in no time!

Yay- congrats on your new ducklings

[center]

[
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Princess in Waiting

Too cute - and almost in time for Easter! They look older than I pictured, and I'm glad. Too quick wanting to get on my soap box and not giving you credit for knowing about ducks. Sorry!! You know how I am!

Now all you have to do is watch out for duck poop everywhere!!

CRITTERCALL

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwwwwwww! Rocheal they are so cute!!! I love their names!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

LOL Thanks everyone..

Critter- We know how it is when you care so much about animals!! Specially your "fave" kind

The babies are doing really good- just VERY dependent on me!! Right now they are screaming their heads off because Im not in there staring at them while they eat and sleep.

Dafney (the oldest one) is VERY mad at me right now.. Since we brought home the ducklings, you know she has been trying to peck them. Well, I popped her beak one good time because she was able to go under my hand as quick s you could imagine and grabbed Otis's foot and dragged him accross the ground. OOOO I was in disbelief on how jealous and protective she has been. On top of popping her poor little beak when she was probably just looking out for her family, Kevin took her down to the creek while I got those stinky eggs out from up under our porch and here she comes, walked over to her nest and searched for eggs.. It was so sad- she probably thought someone ate her babies... She looked right at the babies, then at me and went across the street and stayed there all night. I was so upset that I went ALL the way over there looking for her... When I found her, I brought her back (shes screaming at me) and I set her down where she's been sleeping and she gets up and leaves.
Poor Dafney, I feel rotten...

Anyways- beyond my venting and babbling, everything else is going great!!!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 08:32 PM

They are sooooo cute!! I just love little duckies!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww how cute!!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Princess in Waiting

Just a spoiled older sibling!! I think Dafney will just have to get used to it!!

CRITTERCALL