Where do you keep your birds? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

View Poll Results: Where do you keep your birds?
Living Room 10 40.00%
Bed Room 4 16.00%
Their Own Room 4 16.00%
Other 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Where do you keep your birds?

What room of the house do you keep your birds in?

The fids at my house have their own room for their cages and a play tree in the living room by my computer. We noticed that it's nice for the fids to have a space of their own that they can retreat to if we have company or they are tired. My roomie and I also work nights and don't want to wake them when we get home. While it is nice for them to have their own room they also spend pretty much all of the time that one of us is home in the living room on the play gym (or in my lap). I love my macaw time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 08:31 AM

Toby is in our living room. We have a great room/family room where we actually spend most of our time so he comes in there with us too. Heck who am I kidding, he comes everywhere with us!

We have playstands and boings too.

I'm so glad to have another macaw slave here!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 08:42 AM

Nikki and Nikko both have an extra large parrot cage in our home office which is where I spend most of my time. And they have perches in the living/tv room as well as the back porch.

When that doesn't work for them they go on a walk-a-bout and create their own perches lol. But for the most part they hang out in the office which is why they know soooooo many types of beeps and rings etc They know the pizza hut speed dial by heart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicOlio
They know the pizza hut speed dial by heart
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

LOL I guess I'm the only one trhat has my bird in my room. I have him in there becasue he has night frights........And I hear him d u ring the night, and calm him down, but if he was in a different room, not that I have m uch room for him else w here, I am afraid I wouldn't hear him. andwo uld wake up to a injured bird
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicOlio
They know the pizza hut speed dial by heart
That's hilarious!!

Floyd, our cockatiel used to be in the living room. We moved him into the kitchen where we spend more time. He likes to spend most of his time on someone's shoulder
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

It Finally Happened…

Yesterday the birds kicked us out of the master bedroom (not that there is really anything “master” about it, it’s a trailer) and into the small bedroom. It was bound to happen sometime, yesterday was as good as any.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 02:21 PM

My bidies live in the kitchen, right next to the window. They never get any direct sunlight, whihc is great, and they get to watch squirrels and deer all day. They're next to our kitchen table, so they always have breakfast and dinner when we're eating.
Soda used to be in my room, but I felt bad for him, he was so isolated, so we moved him to the kitchen and he perked right up.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Alika

All three of my fids are in the livingroom. Since we're in a modest sized apartment, that took up just about all the space We had fun the other day trying to find a place to put up the Christmas tree...

They have a homemade playstand next to the computer so they can spend time with me in there. Xander, my iggy, also holes up in the office.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 11:08 PM

i keep mine in the bedroom and i also have a couple in the living room plus we cant for get the birds room not to mention all my other critters so i guess its safe to say i keep mine all over the house lol
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 01:26 PM

I dont' have any birds, but I wanted to vote, so I chose the living room...that's where my sister keeps her Conures and Love Birds
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Wheres your birds at

My Masked blue Lovebird Dickie is in my Living room high up on two Brass wall brackets against a Blue grey backgound ( Chilled) , only very small ones, See Pic of me holding my Dickie on signature photos.

And Trinny my Female Albino budgerigar is in my Bedroom,equaly as high in a white barred cage with white plastic tray base against a Mulberry reddish purple background ( Wallop ) ( Impact ) also see Siggy pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 10:54 PM

Peaches is in her own room. Well, kinda. She shares it with 2 turtle tanks but they provide entertainment. She also has her own television in the room. She has 3 playstands, a shower stand, and a second, smaller cage in the opposite end of the house. She likes to hang out. She love watching TV with us ... especially if it is something noisy.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 01:33 PM

I keep my own birds and any that have been around long enough for "quarantine" in the living room where most of the action is. New birds are usually kept in the basement in a special room that's about as quarantined as I can managed in my house.