wood shaving for birds - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question wood shaving for birds

hi, i have 2 parakeets and i was wondering can i use pine shaving instead of newspaper? i know its kinda of a silly question but i have 2 rabbits and i always get them wood shaving so i was just wondering if i can use wood shaving for birds too.... my birds are hardly in their cage ( i put them in a florida room and keep the door open for them so they can fly around every now and then so their only in their cage to eat and drink other than that their eather ontop of the cage or on a high stand i put for them in the room) so can wood shavings be harmdul for them?

I LOVE MY BABIES:
OREYO & CARAMELA ( BUNNIES)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

( RIP oreyo & caramela i love you
)
COTTEN & CANDY ( PARAKEETS)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Herp Nerd

Birds are very sensitive to any kind of airborne kind of chemicals or particles. Pine is full of aromatic oils, not to mention a good amount of dust. I, personally, don't think I would ever use it as a substrate for my birds. Good old newspaper and frequent cleaning is probably still the best choice.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

alright thanks i was just wondering

I LOVE MY BABIES:
OREYO & CARAMELA ( BUNNIES)

( RIP oreyo & caramela i love you
)
COTTEN & CANDY ( PARAKEETS)

Tags
wood shavings