chihuahus temperment - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rescues For rescue notices, transport requests, shelter needs, shelter listings and safe havens.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

chihuahus temperment

How to get our male chihuahua to get along with a 1 year male?

we have 2 chihuahuas brother and sister 3 years old my mom found this app. 1 year old male puppy and brought hime home cuz he was abandonded the male chihuahua always growls and barks at him and that gets the female when given the chance the male will attack and chase the puppy this envokes the female so we have keep them separated now that the puppy is getting bigger and more stronger we are afraid that there may come a time when the male chihuahua will attempt to attack the puppy and in defense the puppy may really hurt the male chihuahua. I have come to understand that we introduced them wrong from the start when the chichuahuas came home into the house the puppy was sitting in my moms arms and they did not like that one bit. It is getting tiresome keeping these two apart from each other so they wont fight. Could anyone please give me some advice on how I could go about teaching them to at least tolarate each other because I am afraid my mom will want to find a home for the puppy and he has been here with us like 4 months now and i dont want to see that happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

first off is your first dog neutured ? second off does he have his shots ? i ask because bringing a new dog into the house can have health issues , second off slow and steady, it takes time and patience, it sounds like hes just trying to show his domance that hes pack leader, the more you defend the other one the harder its going to get. unless theres blood let them be. just closeley monitor so neither one gets hurt. althought i could be wrong but to me this is what it sounds like

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Tags
chihuahua, dog behavior, pet