Needing Help (not sure if I'm in the right spot) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rescues For rescue notices, transport requests, shelter needs, shelter listings and safe havens.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Needing Help (not sure if I'm in the right spot)

I am wanting to open a lost animal shelter, but need some help in doing so. I have secured a place, but am in need of supplies to help these animals. I want to keep these animals from being ran over, cold, or taken to the local shelter where they will be euthenized because they are so full. These animals deserve more than that. I will work to find these animals loving families to take care of them. No animal deserves to sleep in the cold streets with no food to eat. I want to be their saviour. So if you can please help me help them. Thanks

https://www.fundable.com/groupaction...-30.5478682732
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 05:35 PM
RAT ADDICT

What exactly do you need help with? Supplies?
You can ask around for donations of blankets,kennels,dishes and anything else you need.Put up signs asking for people's unwanted items and mention your rescue.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Newborn Pup

I would also look to current shelters/rescues and see how they request donations/supplies/etc. Start with friends and family, then spread outward.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Newborn Pup

There's lots of resources! I just started my rescue support organization last year and we are 501C3 certified now =)

Start with one dog, get a veterinary partner who will give you discounted rates, start a Facebook page and start networking your dog! The best way like tiger mentioned is to with your family and friends first and try to get your dog adopted, as you grow you can start to partner with petco and other stores to do adoption events.

Good luck and we welcome you to the rescue community, we can use all the help we can get for a world of no more homeless pets =)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Newborn Pup

Don't most shelters operate under the umbrella of a larger orgaization, like the SPCA? Wouldn't there be more support / accountability if they did?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Newborn Pup

I can only speak for the San Diego rescue and shelter community but NO most shelters do not operate under any umbrells. The city shelters are separate from the SPCA and are city run, most rescues and some shelters are private and not affiliated with any larger organization. Even your city humane society may not be associated with the larger HSUS.

Sorry I can't post a link yet otherwise I would post a blog article to the related!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Newborn Pup

In my town (much smaller than San Diego... and with much less desireable weather), the township-run shelter and the SPCA are one and the same. There must also be smaller shelters all over, and we need every one! Bestpetrescue, God bless you in your efforts! =o)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Newborn Pup

thanks Kristine! Sorry got busy over the holidays but I appreciate your support! And cheers to having more shelters and rescues, we could certainly use them =)

Tags
animal shelter, local shelter