Any Squirrel Lovers On The Forum? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Any Squirrel Lovers On The Forum?

One of my best relaxations is to sit and feed squirrels. I love to watch their behavior. They are highly intelligent but have such a bad reputation among much of the public. I was wondering if anyone else loves them as much as I do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:12 AM
is a little "special"

I think they're cute. There is this awesome albino squirrel that lives in my neighborhood!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Hi Jess,

I've never seen an albino squirrel. She must be beautiful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Official Loofah Tester

I've got this little manly squirrel who has figured out my elderly dog can't see, hear, or chase him anymore. He hangs out on my back porch, and helps himself to dog food and the dog's water bowl. He doesn't even flinch when we go by the door, though there's only 1 foot of distance between us. He's such a gangster squirrel. I've started calling him Yanny after Janni Gogalack from the Whole Nine Yards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Playful Pup

We have an albino around here too, along with a couple blacks that aren't too common around here either.

At my grandparents, we've fed the Squirrels for years now. They come right up on her two story deck, either look from the rail - or climb up the screen door looking for peanuts. There are a couple that have come the whole time you will take from my hand, and come right to the door - almost coming in, when I give them peanuts. Once, with my favorite girl who I have always called Courage, I sat on the deck stairs feeding her once, and she came right onto my lap and ate.

Good thing is, they don't trust other people, so we don't have to worry about them going up to people who might hurt them. Smart animals! I have some pictures I'll have to post once I can!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:23 AM
RAT ADDICT

I always loved squirrels and appreciated them.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Newborn Pup

I love squirrels, there's a woods close to my house where I walk the dogs and there are LOADS of them, such fun to watch them chasing about on the floor and through the branches tbh I love all animals tho ...