• Gunea Pig

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.0%
41K views 128 replies 91 participants last post by  eaturbyfill 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Guinea pig......sorry lol

#30 ·
I've had guinea pigs, rats, gerbils, hedgehogs, mice, a hamster, and a rabbit. Out of all of those, the piggies were my favorites. Very gentle and calm, enjoyed being handled, fairly long-lived, and I love the different noises they make! :D

I really want a duprasi, though--if only I could find one! :rolleyes: They have most of the traits I love in guinea pigs, but they also take up less space and their cages don't need cleaning as often.

#31 ·
I have owned guinea pigs, hamsters, a spiny mouse and currently have rats (and a hamster).I was allergic to my guinea pigs and they were very noisy! My spiny mouse was untamable, I love my syrian hammys, however rats have been the best!!I vote rats all the way!!

#32 ·
I would have said rats, which is my second choice now, because until you have owned a little Degu, you really can't choose fairly! Hee hee, just kidding all of you rat lovers! Before I owned a Degu, my #1 choice of caged pets would have been a rat, but then I got my little Degus and they have walked away with my heart and I would own a hundred if I could. But now, I have never owned a Prairie dog, hmmm . . . I wonder . . . see, maybe I am not judging fairly! Nope, I can't do it, no more pets, I will be kicked out of the house! :roflmao:

#36 ·
CHINCHILLA,s

ER where is the chinchilla vote?????????????
im outraged!!! chins are just as good if not better than the others!!
hehe just messin :crylaugh:

#39 ·
I voted gerbil because they are the easiest to care for so more time is left to play with them. Even I think they need to be cleaned less than mice. Also they have intelligence to learn alot. People underestimate gerbils and dont take time to teach them things like rats. It is fine just watching and playing with your gerbil but also if you try to teach them tricks they learn fast and be stimulated.

#41 ·
Guinea pigs!!!!!!

I've also had rats but didn't like them. I think I just had a bad experience though. Whenever we approached the cage they would run and hide. When we tried to pick them up they bit us and drew blood. :(

I've never been bitten by a guinea pig (and I've had over 50 altogether!!). As young piggies they are skittish and shy but as adults they are extremely friendly and cuddly. :sneakyhug

#44 ·
Yup! True.And of course everyone has their own opinion.
My two foster piggies probably don't wanna cuddle tho,because they were in a terrible home where they didn't get any handling before...so they are just not used to it.

#45 ·
I have no idea how these rats were treated before life with me but I bought them from a petshop so I'm assuming, not very well.

But like I said, I know I just had a bad experience because from what I have read most are lovely. And I know they are a lot more popular than piggies. :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.