Confused and a litte worried. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Confused and a litte worried.

So like a week ago Luna learned how to jump off the table that I put them on to play and now she wont stay up there. Most of the time its no big deal because she just jumps down and goes straight to her cage and just chills in or on top of it. But then she started to go under the chair I was sitting in and I was sitting in a recliner that rocks back and forth so I started to get scared because I didn't want to rock and like decapitate her or something so I got her out from under the chair like 10 min later. But then she just kept doing it over and over and over and over and I started to get REALLY annoyed and I think she new it because she started to run from me. So I took a breather and calmed down ( this went on for days by the way ) and would end up just putting them back in the cage.

Well now whenever I try to play with any of them I don't know if their hyper or a afraid of me, they'll run around and stuff but then they'll look at my like I'm beating them and wont want me to pick them up or touch them. But they'll lick my or my foot or ever crawl on me. How can you tell if a rat is scared?
Or does anyone know whats going on? I'm kinda confused.

Thanks.
Marissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
http://simplyhomemade.org

Rats will cower when scared. A female rats heat cycle is every 4 days and they tend to get a little squeaky when in heat. Keep track of the squeaks and you might notice a 4 day pattern.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I know when there in heat, its funny to watch them . But I'm confused on why when I play with them they look like I'm gunna beat them or run away from my hand but then they'll lick me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Animals run a lot off of senses. If they sense another animal is insecure, or angry, they'll react accordingly. Dogs do it, rats are no different. They probably sense your mood, and they're afraid. They're not basing their reactions off of what you physically do, it's the emotions you're giving off that they're picking up.