Degu questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Question Degu questions

I just aquired a 3 year old male degu last night. he's running around his cage eating playing ect...ive found that he loves to have his chin pet and while doing this last night i noticed that he looks chubby but that you can feel his ribs and backbone im giving him more food then the lady said that she was giving him to hopefully help him to gain weight but i also noticed that hes doing a lot of itching...i'm not sure on what to do and his being so skinny and about his itching if anyone knows anything that might help please let me know.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 03:38 PM
I am allergic to maths

He may have tics, in which case he will need meds, or rat dandruff, so he will need brushing and washing depending on what a vet says, you can get advice over the phone on this sort of thing, and the weight problem to. Good luck
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Newborn Pup

Degu are amazing little creatures! what i have learned from my 2 is just leave food out for them, they will eat as much as they need, and will stop when full. some snacks once in a while like peanuts or seeds,
but not to much as they will get too fat.
as for the itching, Degu are very clean, they will groom themselves quite often. just give them a bowl of sand every few days and they will roll in it to 'wash' themselves. you must not use water to bath them. also it is best to have 2 or more, cos well we all need a friend they will also groom each other. hope this helps

2 Degu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Elmo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ojo
1 Dog
Charlie (springer Spanial)

From wet and rainy
Ireland

Tags
degu