.....Dumbo Rats.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

.....Dumbo Rats....

I was watching a show today on discovery and it was counting down the 10 most feared animals...the rat was #8 and it was funny...they were showing "wild" rats in a sewer...however the rats were not wild, they were domestic...they were agouti berkshire dumbos!!!I was laughing so hard!If they think no one would notice, think again!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Part of the Pack

Yeah the film crew probably didn't have the nerve to film real sewer rats, lol. Some people are really afraid of rats, so that is probably why they did it. I can see it now, the dumbo rats diving on there shoulders "take me home, will you be my daddy??"

I love rats, I use to have some. My last one I had to get rid of last year, because I was staying w/friends and none of there rooms had doors, and I had my cats, and she lived in a cage, needless to say one of my cats picked a fight with her, but the rat won. Neither of them were that hurt, but I was concerned for her, so I found her another home.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Hehe...I am now afraid of dumbo rats...they were some scary on that show...

Rats make excellant pets...I had two rats (actually my first pair back in 2001) who went after the cat.The cat became afraid of the rats and would always hide when I took the rats out...haha...

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Playful Pup

I seen that episode too. I thought it was funny they had dumbos on their too. I used to own rats also, they are so cute and sweet.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Adolescent Pup

Rats rock, iv got 7 here, and 2 cats, the cats dont even notice the rats

The Zoo Keeper

Keeper to ;

1 Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Minx)
1 Jack Russell Cross (Flake)
1 Cat (Freddie)
1 Cold Water Aquarium
1 Tropical Aqarium
1 Rat (Neil)
1 Corn Snake (Norbert)

Come and see them all
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Part of the Pack

Lol! You know, there's this zoo that has an exhibit on sewer rats, in an actual sewer setting, meaning, you're walking through the sewer and the rats are behind a glass panel.(Not a REAL sewer, bad for humans, bad for rats) They should have used that. Our zoo should have something like that, they just have a couple of rats reeaal high up you can hardly see them, and they're in a dark cave thing that smells of bat..'cause there's bats there.
I'd like to go to the sewer rat exhibit =B
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:00 AM
Adolescent Pup

yeh iv seen that exhibition in th uk, it was on tv where they have asewer setting and a glass pane in the floor and up the walls so u can see the rats in their natural surroundings, its ace

The Zoo Keeper

Keeper to ;

1 Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Minx)
1 Jack Russell Cross (Flake)
1 Cat (Freddie)
1 Cold Water Aquarium
1 Tropical Aqarium
1 Rat (Neil)
1 Corn Snake (Norbert)

Come and see them all
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Part of the Pack

I heard they use it as a study for rats too ^_^
Which is always cool =B
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Part of the Pack

So sewer rats are scary?
Once a baby sewer rat came into our backyard, and we knew immediately it had been poisoned by rat poison that the neighbors had, because it was acting really strangely and though it was incredibly friendly, it was going to die. Our neighbors had put a lot of rat poison out because they had a lot of wild sewer rats coming from their front yard and living in their backyard..I would never do that. The poor baby even had that baby look on her face and was dead in the morning...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I saw that dumbo rat thing too. I like to take my rattie out, but I'll only take him to the pet store. I won't go into other stores, because I dn't want someone freak out, in turn freaking out my rat and in turn hurting my rat.

*Missy*
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 09:29 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

Quote:
The cat became afraid of the rats and would always hide when I took the rats out...
lol, i have three cats and four rats, one of the cats is scared of them, one doesn't seem to realize they exsist and the other licks his lips when we take them out, we have to be really careful with him...

that is so funny that they used dumbos!

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie1205
I saw that dumbo rat thing too. I like to take my rattie out, but I'll only take him to the pet store. I won't go into other stores, because I dn't want someone freak out, in turn freaking out my rat and in turn hurting my rat.
I take my rats outside around town on nice days and they love the air and different scents and whatnot...I do not take them to pet stores tho, just in case the rats there have disease.

* Lisa *

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Part of the Pack

I take my rats nearly everywhere they'll allow, the mall, the petstore (petco has their rat's behind glass and I don't press my rat agianst their cages or anything, I'd think he'd be safe, lol)
I get my friends to come with me, people are less freaked with a group of people with a rat then a single person with a rat, or in any case, makes me feel better about having them around 8D
Haa, I had one person, it was funny. We were in a store who's manager always likes to say hello to my boys and a girl and her boyfriend walked past. And the girl said, "Oh look, a rat."
The guy was like, two inches from my friend with my rat on her shoulder. He flipped out, jumped back, and nearly knocked down an entire shelf 8D
Oh how we laughed =D Later the girl said she only mentioned it to him because he kept bringing up rats that day.
Haha, and no rat was harmed in the making of ths humorous day

Tags
pet store, pet stores