Help!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Help!!!!!

Oh somebody PLEASE help me. I`m trying to find my way around this site but I have to be honest....I`m NOT computer smart.
I have 2 female baby rats and I think one is sick. The vets here WILL NOT look at her. I live in a rural community. The vets here are used for cats, dogs and cattle. Those are great pets too but what about my baby. My daughter is beside her self and I said I will try to find help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

How long have you had the rats? A period of frequent sneezing is fairly typical in new rats as they get used to their environment. Rats' mucous is naturally red. You will tend to see it when they are stressed or sick. You said she looks distressed (in the chatbox). What do you mean by that?? Is she eating? Drinking? What are you feeding her? What does her poo look like?

We here will not be able to tell if she is sick for sure. The bottom line is that you MUST get her to a vet if you really want the help her.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 05:08 PM
RAT ADDICT

Call around...I know there is a rat community in Ontario and they take their rats to the vet.Actually I can PM you the link to a RAT forum based in Canada and most of the members are from Ontario.Maybe someone there can help you find a vet.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 PM

Oh that is a great problem..

11But the suggestions are varied...