How I came to get Baby and Star - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

How I came to get Baby and Star

This is how Baby and Star came into our life.
My middle child had a rat class pet, Easter that year I got a phone call from his teacher saying that his name was picked to care for meeko the class rat for the weekend, as the rat was there classes for the year and at schools end was going to be her daughters but they needed someone to care for her as they were going out of town for the holiday. So I thought it no BIG deal as it was only for the weekend right...... WELL I got a phone call at the end of the day, I was Driving bus and my blue tooth kicked in, well it was home.. Fience was Livid, told my son that it was NOT staying here she could take it back to the school, then asked me what the heck was going on, so I told him I didn't see the problem it was only for weekend and he was sleeping (as he just got off nights) and I couldn't discuss it with him and she needed an answer cause she would have to pull another name and phone call that parent. He finally calmed down and just said FINE but it is staying in HIS room and IN the cage, I told him that was fine and if he wanted to take her out of the cage to just make sure he stayed in his room with her. That we would just go in his room and see her when we wanted too. Well she got there and my son took her up to his room, I got home from work and was home for but 20 mins and he asked my son where she was? He said in his room. To OUR SUPRISE he told him to bring the cage down and put it on the table!! Then he said GET her out of the cage!! 10 mins later he was HOLDING her on his shoullder!! Needless to say he was able to bring her down stairs everyday and have her out of the cage.... Well my son had to go to his bio dads on that Sunday and I told him she had to stay here as I told his teacher we would be responsible for her. So my oldest got to keep her in her room when he had to go. Well Monday night I was in her room playing with Meeko and my fience came into the room.... Looked at me and said your gunna miss her aren't you? I started to cry and said YES! That is when he REALLY shocked me.... He told me that once I brought her back if I wanted I could go and pick ONE out but ONLY ONE!!!!! Well when my daughter got home from School the next day I asked her if she wanted to come for a ride wit me, she did and on the way she asked where we were going, I told her the pet store! We are going to look at rats, she was like yeah!!! That is when I told her that Dad said I could get one. She was super excited. When we got there there was about 7 in with the mother I took a few out and so did she I fell INSTANTLY in LOVE with Baby she went into my pocket of my hoodie and started cleaning herself. It was so hard to choose JUST ONE! But she was it! Then I went home and while he was at work the next few days I did my research on them about cage mates, so I printed it all off highlighted what I was going to tell him and then when he was off I read him my info that I gathered. My daughter was laughing at me saying there was NO way I could get him to agree to let me get another! I told her to watch me!!!! Took me 45 mins and I was off to the pet store again the next day with my daughter in tow to get one of her sisters!! And that is how Star came to us. It was only a matter of a week apaprt so they were still good with eachother!

My niece got one about 1 1/2 years before we did and when she told me she was getting one I thought she was CRAZY!!! I fell in love with Leelo the min I seen her. She tried to get us to get one then and Fience would NOT budge then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

awww such a cute story

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

hehe thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Here are some pics that I do have of them.
1 st one is Baby a few days after we got her home.
2 nd is her tunneling in blanket
3 rd is sisters runited
4 th is Star in the hood of my hoodie
5 th Baby on our youngest sons head (she crawled up there lol)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15859_188825124846_721729846_2805215_8355642_n.jpg (37.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 15859_188825119846_721729846_2805214_4319834_n.jpg (36.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 15859_188825149846_721729846_2805218_1540340_n.jpg (39.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 15859_188825144846_721729846_2805217_7461715_n.jpg (32.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg nate_a10.jpg (27.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by AlliCat10; 03-27-2011 at 05:28 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

aww there sooo cute

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous