I wish there were more breeders in NE - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
I Heart My Job

I wish there were more breeders in NE

I've come to the conclusion over the years that there need to be more rodent breeders in New England. Every time I try to find one, I fail.

Several years ago, around the time I joind PT, I was looking for hamster breeders up here because I had a syrian and I was getting more interested in dwarves. Our petstores didn't carry dwarves at the time, so I wanted to find a breeder. I never did. I looked all the places I could think of, and tried every search I could come up with on google, but it yielded only web pages at least a year out of date or groups that were now closed.

For almost a year now I have been seriously considering adopting some rats. I've heard such good things about them as pets. So, I went looking for rat breeders in NE...nothing. All shut down. I'm very confused. I feel like I must be looking in the wrong places or searching for the wrong things. It's discouraging. :/

sparkle->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shadow->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Have you tried Petfinder? They usually have rats for adoption.

Good luck .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
I Heart My Job

I did look at petfinder. Most of them are at least 5 hours away from my house. I haven't had much luck with petfinder and rodents anyway. I tried a few times to adopt hamsters that way, and every time I called they had already been adopted out.

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 08:06 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

From the title of this thread I originally thought you were talking about Nebraska, lol. I really don't know what to tell you about finding a breeder... Good luck though!

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 02:18 AM
Adolescent Pup

don't give up rodent breeders are rare because there isn't any mony in them or the breeds are becomeing illegal
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Adolescent Pup

Hmm, you'd think in the NE that rodent breeders would be easier to find because of all the shows they have... Maybe when the next rodent fest comes up you could go and see/ask about breeders? I'm sure you'll find ones if you keep looking and are willing to travel some...

My Critters: 23 gerbils, 5 degus, 4 rabbits, 3 rats, 2 hamsters
Other Critters: 2 dogs, 1 canary