Introduction to me! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Introduction to me!

Hi everyone,I hope i'm welcome as a foreigner (Notice most of youare from America or thereabouts!)
Its hard to find a British forum with people as dedicated to rodents as i notice all of you are, so i've chosen this one as my new rodent home
I currently keep:
Mice (normal and fancy)
Rats (normal)
Multi-mammate mice
Gerbils (normal)
Next week i add to my collection:
Egyptian spiny mice
Striped Grass mice
Hairless mice
I have kept guinea-pigs for years, but my last boy passed away in November and i haven't the heart to get more right now.
and My friend is aquiring a trio of Hairless rats which i have first picks on babies for when they arrive!
I breed my rodents on a fair scale and produce around 60 mice, 60 Multi's and between 30-50 rats per month! though we are on a cooling period at the moment and have the males seperated to give the females and ourselves a well deserved rest from babies!
So hello to you all, and i will get some pictures up of our collection soon!
rgds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Velvet_Meece; 01-22-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Oh dear, how do i make a new sentence? eek!my enter button doesn't seem to do the job!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

hi welcome to PT

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Welcome to Paw talk!

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank you for the welcomes

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 03:14 PM
RAT ADDICT

Hello and welcome.
We LOVE pictures here,so I do hope you will share with us.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hey!! Welcome!! I'm sure you will love it here! Everyone is very friendly and helpful! I am fairly new myself, but have been quickly accepted into the "PT family"!! I can't wait to see your pics!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Adolescent Pup

welcome!

i have never seed a hairless mouse but i have see a hairless rat and even a gunea pig it looked really cool. i have always wondered do they be extra cold? do you have to give them alot of beding or a heat lamp or somthing?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 07:18 PM
chinchilla breeder

welcome

Kristy Morici
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Hi and thank you, i've just got to get my posts up to 20 and i can post some pictures for you all! I love taking pictures of animals!

As for the hairless mice, i have never owned them before, but i know other people that breed them and they appear to be hard to get hold of, especially new bloodlines.
as for heating i'm not entirely sure, i am going to ask around but until then, they with have a carboard box with tissue inside maybe even a heatpad depending what the temperature in the room is, i'm sure they'll cuddle up together too!
I've never seen one in the flesh so i am sooo excited

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:06 AM
RAT ADDICT

I have never had hairless mice,but I have had hairless rats and they do need to be kept warmer then the furred guys.Mine loved fleece!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Aww, i might leave a heat pad under one corner of the tank then, so if they feel chilly they can go and keep snug there, this week is going to go so slow, i can't wait to see them!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Newborn Pup

Welcome