Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

New Isis pictures!

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Sasami 
#1 ·
I took some new pictures of my spiny mouse, Isis, last night.

I had to bribe her with treats to get her to sit still long enough to photograph her :lol:.

Close up:

I love her so much :lovies:. She now asks to come out by sitting on top of her wooden house and staring at me. If I walk over to the cage she runs to the front and waits for me to open it so she can climb into her excercise ball. After using the ball for a little while I usually give her a treat and let her run around in the bathtub before going back to her cage. I want to make sure she gets lots of attention since she lives alone.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, everyone! :D

Yeah, their back has a very interesting texture though I must admit I don't feel it often...she isn't too tame yet ;).

#6 ·
Is a spiny mouse actually a regular mouse or is it some kind of a mouse hybrid? does her back feel like a hedgehog or is it regular fur? ...She sure is cute.

#7 ·
Leo said:
Is a spiny mouse actually a regular mouse or is it some kind of a mouse hybrid? does her back feel like a hedgehog or is it regular fur? ...She sure is cute.
Nope, it's a different species then "regular" fancy mice :). The stiff hairs on her back will go up if she's scared which makes her look spiny. She doesn't curl into a ball like a hedgehog, though, and her spines don't really hurt.

This is a website I found helpful when researching them: http://www.hiiret.fi/eng/spiny/index.html

#14 ·
She's pretty. I had a black and white hooded rat named Isis. It's a wonderful name. I still love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.